Catching Fire |Hunger Games|2 by Suzanne…

Catching Fire |Hunger Games|2 (edition 2013)

by Suzanne Collins (Author)

36,336163132 (4.2)1 / 936
By winning the annual Hunger Games, District 12 tributes Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark have secured a life of safety and plenty for themselves and their families, but because they won by defying the rules, they unwittingly become the faces of an impending rebellion.
Member:Ella_Wold
Title:Catching Fire |Hunger Games|2
Authors:Suzanne Collins (Author)
Info:Scholastic Press (2013), Edition: Reprint, 400 pages

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (sarkisi_beyaz)
    Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (djlewis)
    Tomorrow, When The War Began by John Marsden (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Fans of the Hunger Games might enjoy Marsden's tale of action, survival and growing up.
    The Giver by Lois Lowry (jessicastatzer)
    Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (Awesomeness1)
    Divergent by Veronica Roth (Morteana)
    The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman (cransell)
    Unwind by Neal Shusterman (Anonymous user)

English (1,594)  Spanish (8)  German (6)  Italian (5)  French (4)  Dutch (3)  Catalan (3)  Hungarian (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Romanian (1)  Indonesian (1)  Finnish (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (1,630)
Es muy repetitivo. La parte romántica ya me molestaba un poco en la primera, pero ahora se hacía mucho peor. Las situaciones y motivos de los personajes son realmente simples y tontos. Las situaciones tramposas son demasiado evidentes. ( )
  jordil2 | Feb 12, 2020 |
We continue to follow Katniss & Peeta onto the 75th Hunger Games, and it is as fun and fast paced as the first book. ( )
  tshrope | Jan 13, 2020 |
Great continuation of The Hunger Games. I felt the book was on par with the first book. Might have even ranked higher. If you didn't read the first book then you shouldn't take on this one. This one tended to follow up where the other book left off. ( )
  Kevin_Wright | Dec 26, 2019 |
great. even better than the hunger games -- a bit more political intrigue. greater number of interesting characters. interesting set up for the games. some shocker plot developments. in other moods, might give it a 5, but trying to limit those. ( )
  Robert_Musil | Dec 15, 2019 |
I didn't love it as much as the first, but part of that is the fact that I had higher expectations.

I get annoyed with Katniss and how clueless she is, although I think it's a legitimate part of her character, and not necessarily poor writing. I think it would have been much more exciting to follow someone who was involved with the uprisings, instead of Katniss, who was clueless until the end. I mean, did she really not understand Plutarch Heavensbee (lord, what a name) at the party with the pocketwatch and the [b:mockingjay|7260188|Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3)|Suzanne Collins|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1282388315s/7260188.jpg|8812783]? I was disappointed in the plot twist that put them back in the arena, because it seems like a ploy to recapture the suspense of the first book, and just led to more bloodbath, but I didn't care about those characters, and I already know how evil the Capitol is, so why have that whole sequence in the arena? Why not just move on to the rebellions? I think there was enough fuel for it.

I wonder how Katniss is going to fake the rest of her pregnancy. Or are they going to say she lost her baby in the arena? Now are we in for a big rescue of Peeta?

I think I have to declare a camp: Peeta or Gale. I feel like Gale should understand that Katniss's life is not her own anymore, and she is not free to make her own choices. And she could do a lot worse than Peeta, and I'm not convinced that she doesn't love him. I haven't really seen enough of Gale and Katniss together to want to fight for them. I believe that they have a close and special relationship, but I think what Peeta and she have gone through in the arena surpasses that. I will have to read the boarda and chat groups to see if I've missed anything important.

I am very intrigued by the world that Collins has created. It's a great dystopic vision. I've very curious about district 13. I like trying to figure out where the districts are in relation to the real USA. Is District 13 California? Alaska? Hawaii? Some how I doubt it's Maine or Florida. Texas? ( )
  amandabock | Dec 10, 2019 |
Collins has done that rare thing. She has written a sequel that improves upon the first book. As a reader, I felt excited and even hopeful: could it be that this series and its characters were actually going somewhere?

The author describes her wearing a series of Cher-worthy costumes in which she confronts poisonous mists, deranged monkeys, and a flock of ''candy pink'' birds equipped with long beaks used to skewer human necks. Great stuff, this. Unfortunately, such startling apparitions too quickly appear and disappear, baubles randomly affixed to a story that's been stretched to gossamer thinness.

Collins, Suzanneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
For my parents,
Jane and Michael Collins,

and my parents-in-law,
Dixie and Charles Pryor
I clasp the flask between my hands, even though the warmth from the tea has long since leached into the frozen air.
As far as I can tell, they never get up before noon unless there's some sort of national emergency, like my leg hair.

SPARKS ARE IGNITING.
FLAMES ARE SPREADING.
AND THE CAPITOL WANTS REVENGE.

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol — a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.
Katniss and Peeta
fight the odds once again, but
rebellion's afoot.
(passion4reading)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,390,110 books! | Top bar: Always visible