Something About You

by Julie James

Series: FBI/US Attorney (1)

Staying overnight in a luxury hotel, Assistant U.S. Attorney Cameron Lynde overhears a high-profile murder involving a U.S. Senator. Special Agent Jack Pallas is assigned to the investigation--the same Jack Pallas who still blames her for nearly ruining his career three years ago. Now the pair will have to put their rocky past behind them, focus on the case at hand--and smother the flame of their sizzling-hot sexual tension.… (more)

English (63)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (64)
Super fun. One problem with being an (ex)lawyer is that reading books about things legal is miserable. The cure for that is reading books written by other (ex)lawyers. Don't get me wrong, this is not hyper realistic, the end of the legal part is silly, but it is filled with late nights buried under paper, and correct procedure. I will take it. Jack is dreamy (alpha males who read is my type) and Cameron is great, someone you want to be friends with (even if she went to Michigan instead of Michigan State). Speaking of which. Cameron's friends are great too. Also. A climactic event takes place in Traverse City, MI, my personal happy place. ( )
  Narshkite | May 8, 2021 |
3.5 stars ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
A clever romance, lots of chemistry in quite a good storyline. It faded towards the end. ( )
  Okies | Apr 14, 2021 |
Wow. The first book in the FBI/US Attorney series by Julie James was very hot. It also had a plot I could sink my teeth into. Too bad that books #2 and #3 didn't live up to the hype for me.

"Something About You" has a smart and dedicated US Attorney (Cameron Lynde) and a dedicated FBI agent (Jack Pallas) that had a run in years ago that left things bitter between them. When Cameron ends up getting a hotel room next door to a murder, she is pulled into an FBI investigation.

I really loved the characters of Cameron and Jack. You can see both sides to the story, but James manages to make you root for them to get it together already since you can see the chemistry between them. I also have to say that it was great to see two characters be competent at their jobs and not deny they are ambitious.

Their jobs/co-workers are just as important to this book and James manages to make them come alive (I seriously fell in love/like with the of Sam Wilkins). Cameron's two best friends are in it, but really it's her best friend Colin that is more present in this one. Her other best friend is in the process of getting married and only seems to be around to be a bit of a bridezilla.

We do get little dribbles here and there before we get the full story of how Cameron and Jack who worked together years ago had a falling out, and it was definitely worth it. I also have to applaud James for not having Cameron keep things a secret from Jack for too long. I hate that in romance novels when the hero and heroine are kept apart because they decide to not tell each other the truth. Once the truth comes out, they definitely can't deny how attracted to each other they are anymore and then we get some red hot love scenes (5 stars for that alone).

The dialogue was great and I cracked up a lot while reading this one. Very good flow.

The setting of Chicago is always interesting to read about. James did a good job of incorporating the city into her book. ( )
  ObsidianBlue | Jul 1, 2020 |
Entertaining and fast paced, I'm not usually one for romantic suspense, but this did work for me in audiobook form. If I had read it in print I'm not sure I would've finished. Supporting characters are a lot of fun in this book, but it had me wishing thawqt there had been a bit more build up in the relationship between Jack and Cameron ( )
  samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |

James, Julieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ardilly, C├ęcileTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pannen, StephanieÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
White, KarenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

Thirty thousand hotel rooms in the city of Chicago, and Cameron Lynde managed to find the one next door to a couple having a sex marathon.

Staying overnight in a luxury hotel, Assistant U.S. Attorney Cameron Lynde overhears a high-profile murder involving a U.S. Senator. Special Agent Jack Pallas is assigned to the investigation-the same Jack Pallas who still blames her for nearly ruining his career three years ago. Now the pair will have to put their rocky past behind them, focus on the case at hand-and smother the flame of their sizzling-hot sexual tension.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,562,062 books! | Top bar: Always visible