Encyclopedia Brown, Super Sleuth by Donald…

Encyclopedia Brown, Super Sleuth (original 2009; edition 2010)

by Donald J. Sobol (Author)

Series: Encyclopedia Brown (25)

Idaville's secret weapon against lawbreakers, ten-year-old Leroy "Encyclopedia" Brown, helps the police force solve ten new cases, the solutions to which are found in the back of the book.
Member:JenniferWu
Title:Encyclopedia Brown, Super Sleuth
Authors:Donald J. Sobol (Author)
Info:Puffin Books (2010), Edition: Illustrated, 96 pages

Encyclopedia Brown, Super Sleuth by Donald J. Sobol (2009)

These puzzles actually had a bit more 'story' which made for a more engaging read than those in the first dozen or so books in the series. I also like the illustrations by James Bernardin - the kids seem more 'real.' Most of the puzzles in this collection were solvable but not easy.

There was one error, a mismatch between textual description of a character and illustration of same - see if you can find it.

I think I've read all that my library has; I don't think I'll bother to try to get the rest from ILL. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
This book is an example of realistic fiction, because the situations, all seem to be plausible and include realistic characters. The character in this book is a dynamic protagonist, because Encyclopedia is always the "good guy" and he always thinks of the right solution to any problem or mystery. It doesn't show weaknesses of his character though, so that might make the character more round. This book is great for intermediate readers.
  scadd07 | Nov 24, 2010 |
  paceacademy | May 11, 2010 |

Belongs to Series

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,192,413 books! | Top bar: Always visible