Twilight Zone: 19 Original Stories on the…

Twilight Zone: 19 Original Stories on the 50th Anniversary

by Carol Serling (Editor)

Other authors: Kelley Armstrong (Contributor), Alan Brennert (Contributor), Deborah Chester (Contributor), James DeFelice (Contributor), Carole Nelson Douglas (Contributor)15 more, David Hagberg (Contributor), Earl Hamner (Contributor), Joe R. Lansdale (Contributor), Laura Lippman (Contributor), John A. Miller (Contributor), Mike Resnick (Contributor), Lucia St. Clair Robson (Contributor), Lezli Robyn (Contributor), Robert J. Serling (Contributor), Rod Serling (Contributor), R. L. Stine (Contributor), Whitley Strieber (Contributor), Tad Williams (Contributor), William F. Wu (Contributor), Timothy Zahn (Contributor)

"In conjunction with the celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the first broadcast episode of The Twilight Zone, some of today's finest writers have written all-new stories celebrating the unique vision and power of Rod Serling's landmark series. This stellar group includes authors Whitley Strieber, R. L. Stine, and Laura Lippman, and writers who wrote scripts for the original Twilight Zone and its later incarnations, such as Earl Hamner and Alan Brennert."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

As if I don't have enough books already, the library has to put this on display on the way in. So, since I have no willpower, I have to pick it up. As usual, some stories were better than others. And I 'met' a new author or two I might look for more by. But I'm glad I didn't pay for it. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
My son spotted this book in his middle school library and thought his old man would be interested.
He was right.

I'll be reviewing these stories as I work my way through the book, not necessarily in order.

Star rating for each story is on a scale of one to five.

** The Wrong Room, by RL Stine

A salesman checks into a hotel for a convention and things seem strange.
I decided to start this book off with this story simply because I've never read anything by RL Stine before. I was too old for Goosebumps when they were released, and the few times I glanced at them when my kids brought them home left me unimpressed by the writing I witnessed inside.
But perhaps I shouldn't judge this author on books written for kids?
Sad to say, this story wasn't much better. Spartan vocabulary, the most threadbare of plots, and implausibility level set to eleven is what you'll get with his contribution to this anthology.
Maybe first impressions are sometimes correct. I doubt I'll give his works another glance in the future.

Evans-Light | Nov 8, 2015 |

Strieber, WhitleyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Williams, TadContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wu, William F.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Zahn, TimothyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
It was fifty years ago that CBS announced that The Twilight Zone, an unusual new series of dramas dealing with tales stranger than fiction scripted by Rod Serling, would make its debut on CBS, Friday, October 2, at 10 P.M. "Where Is Everybody" was aired that night and proved to be the beginning of a groundbreaking television series.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,586,030 books! | Top bar: Always visible