Betrayed by PC & Kristin Cast

Betrayed

by PC & Kristin Cast

Series: House of Night (2)

Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night. She's come to terms with the vast powers the vampyre goddess, Nyx, has given her, and is getting a handle on being the new Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, Zoey finally feels like she belongs, like she really fits in. She actually has a boyfriend... or two. Then the unthinkable happens: human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realise that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardise the very fabric of her world.… (more)
Member:Jabiru
Title:Betrayed
Authors:PC & Kristin Cast
Info:Publisher Unknown

Work Information

Betrayed by P. C. Cast

English (142)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (146)
I will probably write a real review when I have time, but just some thoughs:
* the plot is kinda cool
* neferet is awful and I knew from the start
* slut-shaming is not cool
* Damien is just a token, and that's not cool either
* Zoey is an hypocrite and lies too much
* Heath acts like a dumb 5 year old
* Erick should dump Zoey
* Loren is probably a pedo
* I don't like Zoey friends (except Damien, is probably the only one I like) ( )
  inkspellonyou | Aug 10, 2022 |
Getting more grown up! Easy to read and enjoyable enough to keep going. ( )
  BarbF410 | May 22, 2022 |
The biggest problem with this book (for me) is the characters that are poorly developed and really generic. The story is intriguing and I get really hooked... but I can't ignore the writing and the characters.
Even with 2 stars, I will continue to read this... I don't know what is wrong with me... ( )
  Hanna_Rybchynska | Apr 29, 2022 |
I found it predictable -- I spent most of the book waiting for the things I was expecting to happen to happen, so that wasn't my favorite thing. I'm still interested in the characters enough to try the third, but the love drama is already getting on my nerves. Dang, I really liked the first one, so this was disappointing. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
This was a good sequel and still short so not too hard to read.
Things will shock you in this book so be prepared ( )
  crazynerd | Mar 30, 2022 |

Gonzalez, Isabel BlancoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kopczewska, RenataTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lopez, JulieTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Serrão, SusanaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
We would like to dedicate this book to (Aunty) Sherry Rowland, friend and publicist. Thank you, Sher, for taking care of us. Even when we're high maintenance and annoying (and especially when you give us "treaties"). We heart you very much.
"New kid, check it out," Shaunee said as she slid into the big booth-like bench we always claim as ours for every school meal served in the dining hall (translation: high-class school cafeteria).
(pg. 52)

"Cream and silk as one
How I long to taste and touch
The moon watches us."
(pg. 151)

For Zoey

Alluring Priestess.
Night can't cloak your scarlet dream.
Accept Desire's call.
(pg. 182)

"Her father lov'd me; oft invited me;
Still question'd me the story of my life
From year to year, the battles, sieges, fortunes
That I have pass'd."
(pg. 183)

"She wish'd she had not heard it, yet she wish'd
That heaven had made her such a man; she thank'd me,
And bade me, if I had a friend that lov'd her,
I should but teach him how to tell my story,
And that would woo her. Upon this hint I spake:
She lov'd me for the dangers I had pass'd,
And I lov'd her that she did pity them."
(pg. 205)

" 'I have no name,
I am but two days old.'
What shall I call thee?
'I happy am,
Joy is my name.'
Sweet joy befall thee!"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,210,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible