The darkness by Jason Pinter

The darkness (edition 2009)

by Jason Pinter

Series: Henry Parker (5)

A young man is found murdered, his bones crushed nearly to dust before his body was dumped into New York's East River. In New York there are hundreds of murders a year, but this one is different. Somebody is sending a message. And shockingly, the victim has ties to my brother, Stephen Gaines, recently murdered by an elusive drug lord known only as the Fury. For years this kingpin has been shrouded in darkness. Stephen was executed just as he was about to shed some light. Working alongside my mentor, Jack O'Donnell, I'm going to find the truth behind this blood-soaked curtain. But the more we reveal, the more we realize just how dark the Fury's plans are. And that no matter how brutal the violence has been, we haven't seen anything yet.… (more)
Member:RJD61
Title:The darkness
Authors:Jason Pinter
Info:Don Mills, Ont. : MIRA, c2009.

The Darkness by Jason Pinter

Jack O'Donnell, Parker's journalistic idol and mentor, suddenly returns to the newsroom, flush with newly acquired though hard-earned sobriety and a readiness to work. Parker has just the case to get O'Donnell's sea legs back underneath him. The two almost immediately find themselves on the scene of the aftermath of a murder, the victim of which had ties to Parker's late brother. Their investigation ultimately leads them back to the headquarters of 718 Enterprises, which has quietly and mysteriously pulled up stakes. They are undaunted, and indeed, the newly sober teacher still has a few things left to bequeath to the student with respect to the art of ferreting out information from unwilling sources. While O'Donnell's rough-edged, no-nonsense methods of tutelage are not quite what one might expect, they certainly are effective --- so much so, in fact, that they inadvertently put Parker on the scene of a story and make him a part of it. The ending is shocking. You will not be able to put this one down until the end. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,231,744 books! | Top bar: Always visible