Dear Pen Pal (Mother Daughter Book Club) by…

Dear Pen Pal (Mother Daughter Book Club) (edition 2010)

by Heather Vogel Frederick

1967110,135 (4.04)3
Member:falconlibrary
Title:Dear Pen Pal (Mother Daughter Book Club)
Authors:Heather Vogel Frederick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 432 pages
Rating:*****

Work Information

Dear Pen Pal by Heather Vogel Frederick

These books are just good wholesome fun! ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |
Mother daughter book club reads Daddy Longlegs. Pitiful after Daddy Longlegs. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
In this book jess goes to conial addicmey. Emma is very sad because her best friend is gone. Alsobecca joined the book club. Cassidy's mom is pregnant. Bad things are happening for the girls. ( )
  falconlibrary | May 24, 2013 |
Let's get this out of the way first: I don't like Jean Webster's books. The only one I've read in recent memory was DADDY-LONG-LEGS, and it didn't work for me. The fact that the girls all loved it, then, didn't exactly ring true, though I was not bothered by the girls being unanimous in their enjoyment of LITTLE WOMEN or ANNE OF GREEN GABLES.

I had a hard time keeping the voices straight in this one, and I couldn't tell one pen pal from the other, even after the real-life pen pals came on stage.

The situations seemed real enough, what with lots of conflict and even more drama. One roots for these girls to find their way. And the grandmothers, both "real" and adopted, are my favorite characters by a mile.

satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
Four very different friends in Concord, Massachusetts, and their mothers continue their book club, reading Jean Webster's "Daddy Long-Legs," while getting to know their own pen pals from Wyoming. ( )
  prkcs | Apr 1, 2011 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,400,286 books! | Top bar: Always visible