Rework by Jason Fried

Rework (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson

"Rework" shows you a better, faster, easier way to succeed in business. You'll learn how to be more productive, how to get exposure without breaking the bank, and tons more counterintuitive ideas that will inspire and provoke you.
Member:mdiament
Title:Rework
Authors:Jason Fried
Other authors:David Heinemeier Hansson
Info:Crown Business (2010), Hardcover, 288 pages

ReWork by Jason Fried (2010)

The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement by Eliyahu M. Goldratt (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: Both emphasize getting back to basics and cutting waste. Both are very entertaining.
    Leadership Is an Art by Max De Pree (sr109)
    sr109: I read both books a few months apart, and immediately thought of the similarities between them.

English (65)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Esperanto (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (69)
No more meetings! ( )
  encima | Dec 27, 2020 |
I'm not really one for business books, but I was really drawn to this one by some of the claims on the back.

The author's aren't really claiming anything revolutionary, but in the fine tradition of David Allen, Fred Brooks, and Strunk/White it succinctly lists principles to strive for and the rationale behind them. It also does it in a very straightforward (and slightly abrasive) manner.

I don't think the book is a bible, and I suspect that a successful company would find that a dogmatic adherence would eventually be counter-productive. I imagine that this book lays out a great mindset for someone starting out their own business, though.

As an engineer, this book's appeal is that it both lays out some insight into the _business_ of software development and why I should invest some care into that aspect of my employment. It also provides some business rationale for arguments I mostly just thought about in terms of maximizing productivity, which I suspect provides for better effective ammo when it is the business types I need to convince. ( )
  NaleagDeco | Dec 13, 2020 |
Where: Kuala Lumpur, Ubud
  KostaFinn | Oct 23, 2020 |
The recommendation to read Rework* came to me through the Entrepreneurs on Fire podcast. It had been mentioned on a number of occasions and I thought I should take a look. After reading it, I can understand why many are recommending it. In this book, the authors, Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson share the secrets of their successful company 37signals. I am very interested in how companies broke the code and became successful. I believe these lessons can be leveraged for my current work as well as non-profits I am engaged in. There are definitely lessons to be learned from this book. Read more ( )
  skrabut | Sep 2, 2020 |
This really was useful - helped me to rethink how I work, and look at what I do from another angle. The title is apt, as I definitely reworked my working life as a result. ( )
  misterebby | Jul 5, 2020 |

Jason Friedprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hansson, David Heinemeiermain authorall editionsconfirmed
We have something new to say about building, running, and growing (or not growing) a business.
사람들은 결과물이 만들어지는 과정에 호기심이 많다. 이것이 공장 견학이나 영화의 제작 후기가 인기 잇는 이유다. 사람들은 무대를 설치하고 캐스팅이 이루어지는 과정을 알고 싶어한다. 남들이 결정을 내리는 이유와 과정을 알고 싶어한다.
사람들에게 커튼 안쪽을 공개하면 관계가 변한다. 사람들이 당신을 얼굴 없는 회사가 아니라 같은 인간으로 보게 되면서 동질감이 싹튼다. 사람들이 당신이 파는 제품이나 서비스에 배인 땀과 노력을 보게 된다. 당신이 하는 일을 더 깊이 이해하고 존중하게 된다.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,854,325 books! | Top bar: Always visible