The Mysterious Benedict Society and the…

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma (edition 2010)

by Trenton Lee Stewart, Diana Sudyka (Illustrator)

When an unexplained blackout engulfs Stonetown, Benedict Society members Reynie, Kate, Sticky, and Constance follow clues on an adventure that threatens to separate them from their families, friends, and even one another.
Member:eataylor110
Title:The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma
Authors:Trenton Lee Stewart
Other authors:Diana Sudyka (Illustrator)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart

I enjoyed this one so much, as always. Such an amazing book and series! This book has been the perfect ending to the Mysterious Benedict Society trilogy and series for so long, and I love it. It's strange but awesome to know that later this month, it will no longer be the last one.

One of my favorite aspects of the series is seeing the children and their families work as an inseparable team, relying on each other and working together. I love how they choose each other as best friends and surrogate family members, and how the four children work so well together. And I love how they're unofficially adopted into Mr. Benedict's family--along with their parents! It's so heartwarming and wonderful to watch them live as one large, loving family. Chosen surrogate families in books are one of my favorite things. And Mysterious Benedict Society also has a theme of actual adoption in a legal sense, and every other sense--something I'm passionate about, so I love seeing it celebrated in this way.

Of course, I've continued to enjoy the individual children and their individual relationships, as well as their united dynamic. And I love that we get to see more of Constance in this third book--finding out more about her, her past, and her abilities. And the children's character arcs are always awesome, especially Reynie's.
1 vote Aerelien | Mar 23, 2020 |
This seems to be the weakest of the series so far. Although I still enjoyed it, it seems to have lost its fresh originality and there were more action scenes rather than brain teasers that I enjoyed so much in the previous 2 books. And I was getting a little bored with the characters and Constance positively annoying and grating. Still in all it was light entertainment to listen to while working on my needlepoint. ( )
  tshrope | Jan 13, 2020 |
I just love this entire series. The characters are great. This is the type of book I would have loved reading as a kid and would have remembered in to adulthood. ( )
1 vote motherraccoon | Jan 8, 2020 |
Actually this was a pretty good one for falling asleep to, because I found it a little flat and boring. The world seemed flat. The Disney style Winnie the Pooh voice of the narrator didn't help. Four more or less orphaned yet brilliant children are recruited for a mission to save the world from a mind control takeover. The bad guy has an academy on an island along with a mysterious way of transmitting messages over the television. It never quite fits together, nor is everything explained (though I may have been missing a part of a track and missed something because of that) I was happy to jump to the next audiobook I had queued up... ( )
  cindywho | May 27, 2019 |
Definitely my favorite of the series, maybe because it was the one that finally stopped telling us so much about the children's particular quirky personalities and just let then be who they are. As such, it seemed a little (but just a little) like a successor to the Lemony Snicket novels, and that's as much as I can ask from these books. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |

Trenton Lee Stewartprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stewart, Trenton Leemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Stewart, Trenton Leemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Sudyka, DianaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Sam and Jake
- T.L.S.
In a city called Stonetown, on the third floor of an old, gray-stoned house, a boy named Reynie Muldoon was considering his options.

Hachette Book Group

2 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316045527, 0316045500

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,125,189 books! | Top bar: Always visible