The Lutheran Study Bible: English Standard…

The Lutheran Study Bible: English Standard Version

by Edward A. Engelbrecht

Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Inc. Wartburg Project (lhungsbe)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

This Bible surprised me. It is one of the best devotional study Bibles I've ever seen. It has the usual center column notes, great notes, many by Martin Luther, and great sidebars and historical notes. But the thing I enjoy most are the prayers that accompany every short topic section in the scriptures. It makes a prayerful study and reading. ( )
1 vote ChooChoosnme | Jan 12, 2010 |
Whoever believes and holds to Christ's Word, heaven stands open to him, hell is shut, the devil is imprisoned, sins are forgiven, and he is a child of eternal life. That is what this book teaches you -- the Holy Scripture -- and no other book on earth.
If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not also along with him, graciously give us all things?  Romans 8:31-32

Engage in devotional, Christ-centered Bible reading and study with the distinctive, comprehensive notes and practical application of The Lutheran Study Bible. This new Bible, which uses the English Standard Version, is the first in English to be developed from the ground up with notes that are distinctively Lutheran, prepared by Lutheran theologians and pastors from more than twenty Lutheran church bodies. Current Lutheran scholarship, insights from the Church Fathers, and rich devotional commentary provide meaningful perspective for both young and mature Christians.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,357,100 books! | Top bar: Always visible