Drive: The Surprising Truth About What…

Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us (2009)

by Daniel H. Pink

Pink argues that the secret to high performance and satisfaction in today's world is the deeply human need to direct our own lives, to learn and create new things, and to do better by ourselves and our world.

English (90)  Spanish (1)  All languages (91)
A travers d'exemples concrets empruntés au monde de l'entreprise, il décrypte les trois éléments clés de la motivation: l'autonomie, l'envie d'être bon dans ce que l'on fait et le besoin de donner un sens à sa vie. La carotte et le bâton, c'est fini!
  ACParakou | Dec 11, 2019 |
A fascinating look on what really motivates us. We don't always get motivated by rewards or the the old "stick and carrot" motivators, we generally as a whole, are motivated by autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Drive takes a deeper look at businesses and owners that that use "motivation 3.0" to appeal towards employees real drives and offers ideas on how people can inject real motivation in all aspects of their lives: work, child-rearing, personal life, and more. The toolkit at the end is really good and something that readers can return to again and again. A great guide that can help you change how you think, it was really eye opening! ( )
  ecataldi | Oct 14, 2019 |
Intrinsic vs extrinsic motivation.

I am surprised that this book is recommended for teachers. I personally believe there are many books out there which are more focused for teachers. This book is a book that basically only focuses on motivation. ( )
  Wendy_Wang | Sep 28, 2019 |
Very interesting book. Although it is about management practices in a changing society, it had enough psychology thrown in to keep my interest throughout. Also, if you don't want to read the whole thing or only want the gist, there is a section in the back that outlines the whole book. ( )
  Floyd3345 | Jun 15, 2019 |
240 pages but actually it's half of that. Outdated ( )
  lucaconti | Jan 24, 2019 |
For Sophia, Eliza, and Saul —
the surprising trio that motivates me
In the middle of the last century, two scientists conducted experiments that should have changed the world—but did not.

Canongate Books

2 editions of this book were published by Canongate Books.

Editions: 1847677681, 184767769X

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,381,826 books! | Top bar: Always visible