Drive: The Surprising Truth About What…

Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Daniel H. Pink

Pink argues that the secret to high performance and satisfaction in today's world is the deeply human need to direct our own lives, to learn and create new things, and to do better by ourselves and our world.
Member:dolphus.pereira
Title:Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
Authors:Daniel H. Pink
Info:Riverhead Hardcover (2009), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 256 pages
Rating:*
Tags:Motivation

Work Information

Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink (2009)

English (103)  Spanish (1)  All languages (104)
It wasn't as cleanly written or as chock full of examples as some... but it was still good. ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |
Daniel Pink's writing is incredibly fluid, maybe because before writing books like this he was a speech writer. An easy read that made me more aware of how my actions and words can demotivate others when I intend them to motivate, and understanding how I react to being told what to do. ( )
  KittyCatrinCat | Aug 29, 2021 |
nonfiction; business/management/leadership/psychology.
Full of boring fluff --I recommend you just watch the TEDtalk instead (autonomy-mastery-purpose), or if you already have the book in your hands, skip to the chapter summaries at the very end, then read any chapters you want more info on. ( )
  reader1009 | Jul 3, 2021 |
What drives people to do great work? That's the basic question asked in this book and investigated through various examples at companies that have tried various approaches. ( )
  adamfortuna | May 28, 2021 |
Very interesting concepts on how to not only improve motivation, but to change how you think about the tasks you do at home and at work. Instead of working for the paycheque, instead work towards making things better and working towards your own goals. Think about why you have hobbies, not for money, but because it's rewarding in the sense of satisfaction of something you enjoy. Definitely recommended for a different outlook on your work. The trouble is changing those around you to work in these methods. ( )
  sjh4255 | May 4, 2021 |
For Sophia, Eliza, and Saul —
the surprising trio that motivates me
In the middle of the last century, two scientists conducted experiments that should have changed the world—but did not.

Canongate Books

2 editions of this book were published by Canongate Books.

Editions: 1847677681, 184767769X

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,444,396 books! | Top bar: Always visible