The Black Dagger Brotherhood Novels 1-6

by J. R. Ward

J. R. Ward lives in the South with her incredibly supportive husband and her beloved golden retriever. After graduating from law school, she began working in health care in Boston and spent many years as chief of staff for one of the premier academic medical centers in the nation.

I bought the series after a friend suggested it to me. J.R. Ward is an exceptional writer. I love her metaphors and similes. I love the rawness of her character's feelings. But I wasn't crazy about the lack subtlety in most of her romances. (Lover Awakened excluded. I loved that book!) I like a little more build-up between my MC's and most of these stories revolved around a wham bam, I have to have that woman now! Given that the books were about a warrior group of vamps, it worked on one level. But on another level, my desire as a woman to watch a love blossom wasn't met. But again, I have to stress that the writing is excellent, and I'd read the books for that alone. ( )
  AshleyLynnWillis | Aug 1, 2014 |
  AshleyLynnWillis | Aug 1, 2014 |
Absolutely loved these books. A few friends and I didn't want the series to end. J.R. Ward is an excellent writer. However, these books are not made for the single woman with no man or access too one. Just fair warning!!!
  twokidsnablanket | Nov 2, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,074,761 books! | Top bar: Always visible