The Christmas Secret

by Donna VanLiere

When struggling young single mother Christine Eisley saves the life of an elderly woman working in Wilson's department store, she sets into motion a series of events that will test her strength, loyalty, and determination, all the while setting her on the path to finding true love.

English (14)  German (1)  All languages (15)
This is the story of Christine Eisley and her children. I had a hard time getting into the book at first but the more I read the more I liked it. A truly heartwarming Christmas story with good editing and good character development. Many surprises in the book which although starts out depressing and hard to read ends up being a great story of hope in your fellow man and the idea that a community has to look out for its own. Really enjoyed this book after I got into it and loved the ending. ( )
  CrystalToller | Mar 5, 2019 |
The Christmas secret by Donna VanLiere
Story follows a woman, Kristy with teo children and an ex husband who doesn't pay child support. She's sturggling through holiday season to not only support them but keep her job and kids watched while working at the department store.
Also story follows a man-a relative of the owner of the department store and he's not quite adjusted to the work he's asked to do.
She ends up losing her job, DCYF visits and things are not going at all. Things get worse before they get better.
Like how the story combines the same people and there is joy during the season... Jason has to find the woman he had fired because she saved Judy's life-but she had been late for work. Love hearing of GLoria's Place, such a worthwhile place and things they do for others there.
Amazing how everyone is connected, love hearing about the secret.
  jbarr5 | Sep 7, 2018 |
During the holidays, a struggling, young single mom of two loses her job and faces eviction from her home, plus battles with her ex-husband over visitation and child support. But the season of miracles has Christine believing in goodness again when she is hired on at Betty's Bakery, meets a handsome customer with his own internal conflicts and makes new friends who secretly and not-so-secretly help dislodge the boulder in the middle of her life's road. Family secrets are also unexpectedly revealed but all for the good. Christine's "miracles" too conveniently fall into place like dominoes in a line, and the romantic interest Jason came off as two different people, making the chemistry less believable for me. For those who appreciate a light, inspirational, feel-good story about the spirit of giving and humanity. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
I really do like a good Christmas story and I do like Donna VanLiere but all of her stories make me tear up. ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
The Christmas Secret is the first book I have read/listened to by Donna VanLiere, but it won’t be the last. In fact, I downloaded another of her Christmas novellas as soon as I finished this one. Filled with humor and heart, this novel points to the need for helping hands — extending them and accepting them. The cast of characters are fun — I want them as my friends (and family) too! I laughed out loud and I shed a few tears while enjoying this heartwarming story. And as the title suggests there are a number of secrets that are revealed along the way. You’ll have to decide just which one touches your heart the most. There are a few mild curse words in the book, but that did not keep me from giving this one a recommended designation. The author reads this audiobook and that is perfect! All in all The Christmas Secret is a great holiday read.

Recommended.

Audience: adults. ( )
  vintagebeckie | Dec 22, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,554,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible