Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore

Bitterblue (original 2012; edition 2013)

by Kristin Cashore

Series: Graceling Realm (3)

3,5762093,497 (4.05)272
Eighteen-year-old Bitterblue, queen of Monsea, realizes her heavy responsibility and the futility of relying on advisors who surround her with lies as she tries to help her people to heal from the thirty-five-year spell cast by her father, a violent psychopath with mind-altering abilities.
Member:Nymeth
Title:Bitterblue
Authors:Kristin Cashore
Info:Gollancz (2013), Paperback, 576 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Fantasy

Work Information

Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (2012)

Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Cpassmore)
    Fire by Kristin Cashore (Anonymous user)
    Alphabet of Thorn by Patricia A. McKillip (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: For code breaking an unknown language; for libraries of secrets.
    A Great and Terrible Beauty / Rebel Angels / The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray (cablesclasses)
    Shalador's Lady by Anne Bishop (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: For inheriting the shattered remains of a kingdom.
    Deerskin by Robin McKinley (emperatrix)
    emperatrix: similar themes, both are dark YA novels about girls overcoming emotional struggles
    Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: And now for something completely different...

English (206)  German (2)  All languages (208)
I am growing to enjoy this series more each book. It is def not a new fav but I really liked bitter blue story in this one. I really liked all he court elements. I also found it be really fun world. I also liked how bitterablue really was out of her element building this world back from her father reign. It was fun read. It am def going to check out the newer books soon. But i sometimes struggled with the pacing. ( )
  lmauro123 | Dec 28, 2023 |
  lmauro123 | Dec 28, 2023 |
I love this book; a very close second to [b:Fire|6137154|Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)|Kristin Cashore|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1331535456l/6137154._SY75_.jpg|6128277] in my eyes. [a:Kristin Cashore|1373880|Kristin Cashore|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1599178267p2/1373880.jpg] has never done me wrong. ( )
  ksykes | Aug 17, 2023 |
Really good. ( )
  aeryn0 | Jul 23, 2023 |
I loved all the books in the series but the intrigue and mystery, as well as piecing all three stories together makes this my favourite. ( )
  justgeekingby | Jun 6, 2023 |

Kristin Cashoreprimary authorall editionscalculated
Elbrick, XantheNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kelly, JenniferDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schoenherr, IanIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one was always for Dorothy
[Prologue] When he grabs Mama's wrist and yanks her toward the wall-hanging like that, it must hurt.
Queen Bitterblue never never meant to tell so many people so many lies.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Kristin Cashore's book Bitterblue was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,811,437 books! | Top bar: Always visible