City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal…

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments) (edition 2015)

by Cassandra Clare (Author)

5,9622031,136 (3.92)82
As mysterious murders threaten the new peace between Shadowhunters and Downworlders, only Simon, the Daylighter vampire, can help bring both groups together.
Member:ovslibrary
Title:City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments)
Authors:Cassandra Clare (Author)
Info:Margaret K. McElderry Books (2015), Edition: Reissue, 480 pages
Tags:FICTION

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

English (199)  Italian (3)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (203)
so excited that there will be a next book to this series, I am so glad shes made the series last longer instead of just the three books ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
Love the characters and the stroy, can't wait to read the next book! ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
Ed Westwick was an inexplicably terrible choice for narrator. He's British with a very, very English accent narrating the part of Simon, who spent his entire life in New York, and his attempts at a New York accent for Jace were so bad they seriously distracted from the story. ( )
  Tarawyn | Dec 16, 2019 |
I actually liked this way more than I did the first time! I understand the issues I had with it initially, but found that they were either non-issues or just not a big deal. I was definitely a more impatient reader 2 years ago. What I thought was boring was actually pretty decent slow-build, and this time, I really liked it. It definitely had a problem with too many plot lines and perspectives, and could have been cleaned up and made more succinct, but it wasn't dreadful like I made it out to be. I had forgotten how much I love Simon's story line and how interesting Jace's dark side was. Considering that most of my reread of this series has resulted in a lower rating than before, I'm so glad that this one actually rose a star. Without a doubt, it's a filler book that had to introduce a new conflict in what was supposed to just be a trilogy, but I think it did a decent enough job of doing that without straying from the main themes of the series.

(original rating: 3 stars)

The book has an interesting premise but a rather boring plot up until the very end, when things pick up. Unfortunately, that's just about the only good thing about this installment. While I read the first three books rather quickly and in quick succession, this book took me several months just to garner enough motivation to pick it up. The unnecessary character drama brings down the whole story, as much of it could have been done at a faster pace. Also, the writing seems lazier as I found many grammatical and spelling errors, as well as awkward punctuation or lack thereof. ( )
  Faith_Murri | Dec 9, 2019 |
I missed these characters.
Glad I finally picked this story up again.

My previous reviews for this series are dumb. Clearly written in haste. All copy and pasted. I read the first three before being apart of goodreads so they're all marked as read on the same day.

Past me was stupid. ( )
  Shahnareads | Oct 22, 2019 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Quinn, Molly C.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There are sicknesses that walk in darkness; and there are exterminating angels, that fly wrapt up in the curtains of immateriality and an uncommunicating nature; whom we cannot see, but feel their force, and sink under their sword. -Jeremy Taylor, "A Funeral Sermon"
For Josh, Sommes-nous les deaux livres d'un meme ouvrage?
"Just coffee, please."
The waitress raised her penciled eyebrows. "You don't want anything to eat?" she asked. Her accent was thick, her attitude disappointed.

From the jacket: The Mortal War is over, and sixteen-year-old Clary Fray is back home in New York, excited about all the possibilities before her. She's training to become a Shadowhunter and to use her unique power. Her mother is getting married to the love of her life. Downworlders and Shadowhunters are at peace at last. And—most importantly of all—she can finally call Jace her boyfriend.

But nothing comes without a price.

Someone is murdering Shadowhunters, provoking tensions between Downworlders and Shadowhunters that could lead to a second, bloody war. Clary's best friend, Simon, can't help her. His mother just found out that he's a vampire and now he's homeless. Everywhere he turns, someone wants him on their side—along with the power of the curse that's wrecking his life. And they're willing to do anything to get what they want. Not to mention that he's dating two beautiful, dangerous girls—neither of whom knows about the other one.

When Jace begins to pull away from her without explaining why, Clary is forced to delve into the heart of a mystery whose solution reveals her worst nightmare: she herself has set in motion a terrible chain of events that could lead to her losing everything she loves. Even Jace.

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. The stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,597,109 books! | Top bar: Always visible