Brava, Valentine: A Novel by Adriana…

Brava, Valentine: A Novel (edition 2010)

by Adriana Trigiani

Series: Valentine (2)

A once-in-a-lifetime business opportunity takes shoe designer and businesswomen Valentine Roncalli from the winding streets of Greenwich Village to the sun-kissed cobblestones of Buenos Aires, where she finds a long-buried secret hidden deep within a family scandal. Once unearthed, the truth rocks the Roncallis and Valentine is determined to hold her family together as she longs to create one of her own.… (more)
Member:chielscher
Title:Brava, Valentine: A Novel
Authors:Adriana Trigiani
Info:Harper (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 352 pages

Brava, Valentine: A Novel by Adriana Trigiani

Sequel to Very Valentine (c2009) -- Brava, Valentine (c2010) continues Valentine's story as she meets challenge after challenge in taking control of the Angelini Shoe Company. Gram is leaving for Italy to marry her long-time friend and lover leaving the company in the hands of Valentine and her brother Albert. They go head to head in business decisions as a new shoe is being designed and a production factory being located to handle mass production that will bring financial stability to the company.

A surprise is waiting in Buenos Aires as it is discovered that there is a second branch of the family that no one knows about that also creates quality shoes and could be the answer that the New York store has been searching for.

Valentine is struggling to grow-up while deciding what she really wants from life -- a successful career or love and a family of her own.

The family dynamics continue in this lovable, extended family. My favorite part of this story is packing day and the whole family joining together to lovingly wrap the shoes and send them to their customers in customized packing (starting on page 162).

I like how the relationship between Valentine and Albert develops. They learn how to play to each other's strengths and forgive each other's weaknesses.

The book is also sad in places, especially as we lose one of the characters.

Must have read book one to appreciate book two in the series. ( )
  pjburnswriter | Aug 16, 2020 |
I think I love this series more than her Big Stone Gap series. ( )
  Carole0220 | Mar 21, 2020 |
rabck from dvg; second in the series. Grandma retires to Italy with her new hubby and leaves Valentine and her brother, Alfred, in charge of the shoe company - much to Vqalentine's dismay ( )
  nancynova | Mar 7, 2020 |
I liked this second book in the trilogy. 3.5 I really recommend listening to these books--love the Italian and Joisey accents. ( )
  tkcs | Feb 23, 2019 |
I loved the narration of this! It was a wonderful story ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
The most magical thing happened on the morning of my grandmother's wedding in Tuscany.
Note that Adriana Trigiani's Very Valentine, Brava Valentine, and any sequels that are forthcoming do not belong in series with Doctor Lochinvar (A Valentine Book #333) by Jean Carew. I have purposely changed the series designation to VValentine for Adriana Trigiani's books to keep the unrelated and irrelevant book out of this series. For this reason, I would ask that you please do not alter the series designation back to Valentine.

Adriana Trigiani is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,404,382 books! | Top bar: Always visible