Der rasierte Mann und Zyniker. Zwei Romane.…

Der rasierte Mann und Zyniker. Zwei Romane. Die Andere Bibliothek (edition 2001)

by Anatolij Marienhof (Author)

811,863,340 (4.25)None
Member:Mod1965
Title:Der rasierte Mann und Zyniker. Zwei Romane. Die Andere Bibliothek
Authors:Anatolij Marienhof (Author)
Info:Eichborn (2001)

Work Information

Der rasierte Mann und Zyniker. Zwei Romane. Die Andere Bibliothek by Anatolij Marienhof

Review for The Shaved Man:

Plot:
Mishka and Leo have been friends for a long time. Although friends may be the wrong word – Leo has always dominated Mishka, as the more beautiful, more charming and more cruel of the two. But one night Mishka is done with it all. He murders Leo – and then tries to figure out why he did it.

I read Cynics first and I really enjoyed it. The Shaved Man didn’t work that well for me, unfortunately. I never really got into the story.

Read more on my blog: https://kalafudra.com/2021/02/04/the-shaved-man-anatoly-marienhof/

Review for Cynics:

Plot:
Vladimir and Olga are a young couple who used to be well-off. But thanks to the October Revolution, they lost their standing and completely withdrew from society. Unable to adapt ot the changes, they focus on themselves. But their cynical way of treating each other doesn’t promise much relief.

Cynics was a nice introduction to Marienhof for me. A smart, well-observed novel that offers a glimpse into the Soviet Union in the 20s. I really enjoyed it.

Read more on my blog: https://kalafudra.com/2019/11/29/cynics-anatoly-marienhof/ ( )
  kalafudra | Jan 1, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,065,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible