Ten Things I Love About You

by Julia Quinn

Series: Bevelstoke (3)

Sebastian Grey is a devilishly handsome rogue with a secret. Annabel Winslow's family voted her the Winslow most likely to speak her mind and the Winslow most likely to fall asleep in church. Sebastian's uncle is the Earl of Newbury, and if he dies without siring an heir, Sebastian inherits everything. Lord Newbury has decided that Annabel is the answer to all of his problems. Annabel does not want to marry Lord Newbury, especially when she finds out he once romanced her grandmother.… (more)

I think this is the dullest romance I have ever read. The best thing I can say about this is that it is utterly unobjectionable. Even the one (tame) sex scene was dull. Sebastien and Annabel are both characters I should have liked, and I didn't dislike them, but i could not bring myself to care a whole lot. I loved the first book in this series, and have not yet gotten to the second, but I will. Julia Quinn is usually fun, but there is no fun to be had in this part of Bevelstoke. ( )
  Narshkite | May 8, 2021 |
Cute. I was hoping this would end up on my chubby heroine, or maybe even abused heroine, shelves - but no. I adore Julia Quinn, but there is no angst to be had in this sweet book! ( )
  PNRList | Aug 15, 2018 |
This was my first Julia Quinn book and I will be looking for more! I loved the banter and the chemistry between the characters was wonderful! ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
After the disappointing second Bevelstoke book, relieved this was decent, and even rather sweet. As the eldest of an orphaned brood of eight, Annabel's dilemma of marrying for love or money was a realistic one for the time. Likeable secondary characters in this one too: the loving cousin Louisa, outrageous Grandmother Vickers. I appreciate also how the solution to their finance problems was already set up from the last book, and didn't come as a windfall. The dialogue was tighter, and didn't feel too meandering. The romance/chemistry between the two is also more palpable. (This is fast turning into a comparison against the second book, in favor of this one. For example, the gimmick here of Ten Things is less obnoxious than the Olivia Bevelstoke-Valentine blog-like entries) In the end you are just happy that the two can end up together. ( )
  mrsrobin | Jun 24, 2017 |
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |

Quinn, Juliaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Landor, RosalynReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Grey, EmmaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Loriente, Mireia Teréssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Neild, RobynCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my readers,
Without you, I couldn't have the coolest job in the world.

And also from Paul,
for precisely the same reason.
A few years ago.

He couldn't sleep.

Ten Things You Should Know About This Book

1. Sebastian Grey is a devilishly handsome rogue with a secret.

2. Annabel Winslow's family voted her The Winslow Most Likely to Speak Her Mind and The Winslow Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Church.

3. Sebastian's uncle is the Earl of Newbury, and if he dies without siring an heir, Sebastian inherits everything.

4. Lord Newbury detests Sebastian and will stop at nothing to prevent this from happening.

5. Lord Newbury has decided that Annabel is the answer to all of his problems.

6. Annabel does not want to marry Lord Newbury, especially when she finds out he once romanced her grandmother.

7. is shocking

8. is delicious

9. is downright wicked, all of which lead the way to

10. Happily. Ever. After.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,459,893 books! | Top bar: Always visible