Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse/True…

Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood) (edition 2011)

by Charlaine Harris (Author)

Series: Sookie Stackhouse (10)

After the brief but deadly Faery War, Sookie Stackhouse is hurt and she's angry. Just about the only bright spot in her life is the love she thinks she feels for vampire Eric Northman who is under scrutiny by the new Vampire King because of their relationship. And as the political implications of the Shifters coming out are beginning to be felt, Sookie's connection to the Shreveport pack draws her into the debate and up against a Fae who wants her dead.… (more)
Member:HaleyJo
Title:Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
Authors:Charlaine Harris (Author)
Info:Ace (2011), Edition: Reprint, 368 pages

Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris

So far this has been my least favorite in the Sookie Stackhouse series. The story didn't really have any real plot or direction. It was as like a short story that kept rambling on. ( )
  AshleyVanessaGG | Jul 6, 2020 |
not my favorite of the series. too much politics, too much blah, blah, blah. more action, please! ( )
  stephanie_M | Apr 30, 2020 |
this one was kinda boring, was not impressed with it hopefully the next one will make up for it. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
Although the story arc for this individual book feels a bit weak, it's still an absorbing read, seamlessly continuing the series. ( )
  AngelaJMaher | Feb 2, 2020 |
This book could have easily been merged with another book because of how little actually happens in it. Unlike most filler books, this one didn't really move the story forward in any significant ways. I didn't enjoy reading about Eric's maker and brother at all. I felt like their presence was pretty boring and didn't alter the characters at all by the end of the book. We already know how strong the bond between maker and protege is and that was the only real purpose they appeared to have.

Sookie and Eric's relationship was frustrating because Eric seemed to be very different than the Eric we have come to love. He seemed to have lost his spark the minute they got together and I felt like he was doing things that he never would have before. Maybe this is supposed to show that he can change for love, but that too is out of character. Eric is an old vampire and will not be changing for anyone in the span of a few years. It was unrealistic for both characters and as a result, was less satisfying. ( )
  bookworm148 | Oct 11, 2019 |
Harris is no mean shakes at romance — Erik may be dead, but he's still hot — and she serves up the paranormal thrills and juggles her enormous cast with ease. But more to the point, she seamlessly blends all this into a lovingly observed portrait of small-town Louisiana.

Harris, Charlaineprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Boucher, Frédérique LeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mümmler, BrittaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to our son Patrick, who has not only met our hopes, dreams and expectations for him, but exceeded them.
"I feel bad that I'm leaving you like this," Amelia said.

Sourcebooks Landmark

An edition of this book was published by Sourcebooks Landmark.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,666,682 books! | Top bar: Always visible