Really, Really Big Questions by Stephen Law

Really, Really Big Questions

by Stephen Law

This book is all about the big questions like... "Is time travel possible?". This question and more like it, is answered in this book. Over all I think it is a good read and would recommend it to others. It is factual and that is s good thing in my case. In this book be prepared to exercise your mind as you find out all the things you need and want to know about life and all the aspects of it. You get to explore a whole new world of fun facts and questions. That's the summary of the book.
In my opinion this book is fun and factual. On the outside it looks like a book for little kids but the reading level is high and most things in it kids would not understand. This is a well thought of book. The cover I think is just as inviting as the book its self. It is fun with lots of brainteasers, and quirky questions. It's in a fun question-and-answer format that make it seem fun to the eye. Overall I like the book. I would also recommend it to others. ( )
  Skylar.RB1 | Oct 27, 2016 |
Bahlah
  NicoleWeintraub | Apr 20, 2013 |
This is a book of philosophical and moral questions for kids along the lines of "should we act like lemmings?" "are human beings designed?" and "is it ok to eat animals?". The emphasis is on using observation, hypotheses, and discussion to find out truths. It's not for the overly religious. Z mostly flipped through it and picked out certain sections to read outloud with me - led to some good discussions. ( )
  beckydj | Mar 31, 2013 |
OK it is for kids but most adults would benefit from this too - I did.

The disciplined way of thinking about issues gives you a hint that some philosophers do actually do some useful stuff. ( )
  psiloiordinary | Jan 20, 2013 |
The overall impression of this book is good - it's a decent sized hardback, isn't too heavy. The pages are all different colours, the titles are big and eye catching, and there are lots of illustrations. These all come together to give an overall feel of a welcoming book - it invites you to dip in and take a look.

There are four sections, basically looking at The Universe, Thinking, Morals and Beliefs. These sections are then divided by specific questions, ranging from 'Where did everything come from?' to 'Is time travel possible?' Some of these are answered fairly well, whilst others just start to look at the subject. Of course, the book doesn't claim to have all the answers, and any author who said they did would be lying!

I asked my 10 year old daughter to take a look, and she also liked the format. However, she felt that most was a little too complicated for her, and she would prefer to pick it up when she was a little older. However, I'm sure that some at her age would enjoy it, it depends in their interests, and how inquisitive they are. I do think it's a good book to have around, and when she does decide to read it, it should hopefully start her thinking about some of the questions and subjects in the book.
  michelle_bcf | Jul 10, 2010 |

Have you ever looked at your dog and wondered what it is really thinking? Or asked yourself if your entire life has been a dream? Prepare to exercise your mind as you investigate these big ideas and more on the roller-coaster ride of reason and ridiculous that is philosophy. Cool illustrations, brainteasers, and quirky quotations add to the simple and fun question-and-answer format, introducting readers to life's important questions.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:20 -0400)

An introduction to philosophy which uses clear analogies to explore some of life's biggest moral and scientific questions, including the origins of the universe and the meaning of life.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,534,172 books! | Top bar: Always visible