The HAB Theory

by Allan W. Eckert

"Astounding, well written, masterful and absolutely fascinating."Chicago Times

A lot of interesting ideas, burdened with a formulaic plot. Eckert was superb historian, bringing life to the American Frontier and the various people who shaped the United States; but his mastery of fiction wasn't nearly as great. Still, not a terrible book; just a 'meh' one. ( )
  BruceCoulson | Mar 14, 2014 |
Finally finished this book and I was very disappointed in it. It was not the writer's writing style that bothered me...it was that he laid out a very plausible cause for world apocalypse and laid out "historical proofs" for the Hab Theory. The trouble is you never to experience the actual apocalypse...it was like this book was a set-up for a sequel...but there is none and since it was written in 1976 (almost 40 years ago) I don't expect a sequel to be written {sigh}

As a science fiction book it is a dud...this apocalyptic theme is just a vehicle for carrying through the real plot of the book...the various love stories in the book...it is a romance novel thinly disguised as a sci-fi book. A well written romance novel in my opinion as it carried me to the end of the book.

Very disappointed as apocalyptic novels are a favourite of mine....I felt cheated at the end. ( )
  Lynxear | May 30, 2013 |
One of my all time favorites. It is a blending of facts and believable fiction that forecasts the future of the world. It is a real page turner. ( )
  DaleCogdell | Dec 1, 2012 |
This is an amazing book that's really thought provoking. I highly recommend it! ( )
  swales | May 21, 2012 |

"Astounding, well written, masterful and absolutely fascinating."Chicago Times

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,460,477 books! | Top bar: Always visible