Born Again by Charles W. Colson

Born Again (original 1976; edition 2008)

by Charles W. Colson (Author)

In 1974 Charles W. Colson pleaded guilty to Watergate-related offenses and, after a tumultuous investigation, served seven months in prison. In his search for meaning and purpose in the face of the Watergate scandal, Colson penned Born Again. This unforgettable memoir shows a man who, seeking fulfillment in success and power, found it, paradoxically, in national disgrace and prison. In more than three decades since its initial publication, Born Again has brought hope and encouragement to millions. This remarkable story of new life continues to influence lives around the world. This expanded edition includes a brand-new introduction and a new epilogue by Colson, recounting the writing of his bestselling book and detailing some of the ways his background and ministry have brought hope and encouragement to so many.… (more)
Member:lol80
Title:Born Again
Authors:Charles W. Colson (Author)
Info:Chosen Books (2008), Edition: Repackaged ed., 384 pages

Work Information

Born Again by Charles W. Colson (1976)

Case 13 shelf 2
  semoffat | Aug 30, 2021 |
Though I share neither Colson's faith nor his politics, this is a really great example of a personal redemptive memoir. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the genre. ( )
  evenlake | Mar 23, 2021 |
Excellent book about Colson’s faith journey.

I learned so much about the inner workings of the White House, Colson’s activities and responsibilities, and progress of the Watergate investigations. I lived through Watergate and the mass number of stories about it. But Colson’s book gives all those stories a different perspective.

Most importantly, though, it teaches that there is no unredeemed and unforgiven soul that believes in Jesus Christ, no matter you’ve done. The book was uplifting.

The biggest surprise for me was the interaction and care for each other that the Christian brothers showed Colson, despite their political differences and dislike for President Nixon. ( )
  highlander6022 | Oct 4, 2020 |
The personal testimony of conversion that spanned both a Reformed approach to politics in the seventies, and much of the modern missions to convicts. ( )
  leandrod | Oct 4, 2017 |
I was surprised by several things concerning this book. 1) The well-written story flowed smoothly, never bogging down through its almost 400 pages. 2) I was fascinated by a time in history I knew little about. 3) For some reason I expected a self-righteous presentation of Colson's life, a what-is-wrong-with-the-system story. I found it to be nothing of the sort. A humble telling of a tragic time in his own life and the life of the nation as well as many other men, Colson tells a moving story of the ability of God to redeem the most callous and hardened men, intervene in the most bizarre ways, and change a system that is broken. I would recommend this book to anyone. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,575,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible