Halo by Zizou Corder

Halo was found washed up as a baby and raised by the group of centaurs. When she is kidnapped she learns about the world of humans and resolves to find out who she is and where she comes from. ( )
  RefPenny | Mar 14, 2011 |
Halo is washed up on the shore of Zakynthos as a baby and taken in by centaurs. What follows is a lovely adventure as she travels across Ancient Greece in search of a way home and also her origins. I really enjoyed this and read it in one sitting. I am sure it will be very popular with our "Percy Jackson" fans - a great strong heroine! ( )
  The_Librain | Aug 25, 2010 |
The story is entertaining enough, but somehow manages to fall short, at least for me. For example, it includes references to Greek mythology and history, but these aren't really explained. The book is told in the third person, but focuses on Halo, meaning that when she is confused by all the historical references, so is the reader. I think that this is probably a deliberate ploy by the author to draw attention to the non-sensical nature of the conflicts. In this respect, it does work; however, it felt incomplete to me. Issues such as stereotyping and gender differences are examined and challenged, but it seemed that everything was tied up a little too neatly and completely at the end. In my opinion, the book would have been improved by removing the last page. ( )
  Tselja | Feb 2, 2010 |
Something was crawling up the beach.

Washed ashore as a baby in ancient Greece, Halo is discovered by a family of centaurs. Although her true identity remains a mystery, she is loved as one of their own. Ages 10+.

Zizou Corder is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,517,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible