A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 by Kaoru Mori

A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 (edition 2011)

by Kaoru Mori

Member:usagijihen
Title:A Bride's Story, Vol. 1
Authors:Kaoru Mori
Info:Yen Press (2011), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 192 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:read, reviewed, own, best of 2011, manga

A Bride's Story, Volume 1 by Kaoru Mori

Emma, Volume 1 by Kaoru Mori (electronicmemory)
    electronicmemory: Beautifully drawn and charmingly written historical fiction.
    Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Vol. 1 by Fumi Yoshinaga (electronicmemory)

Beautiful art! I'm really enjoying the setting (19th century central Asia) and the characters (Amir! Grandma!). I am interested to see where things go, though I am not quite sure how I feel yet about the actual marriage (an arranged marriage between a 12 year old boy and a 20 year old girl).
  devafagan | Jan 2, 2015 |
this was a really good manga. I don't ever know what to expect our of manga outside of my norm and I really liked this one. I will definitely be reading the rest of this series ( )
"Oh my!"

Amira is twenty years old when she marries her husband, a boy named Karluk from a neighbouring village. Adjusting to life in a new household can be trying for any young bride, and Amira's husband is eight years her junior.
Amira was a strong, sophisticated hunter and horsewoman in her village, but though their villages were next to each other, their customs are very different. As Amira introduces Karluk to the foods and pastimes that were popular among her comrades back home, the warmth she feels for her young husband grows.

As she and her husband adjust to their arranged marriage, Amir strives to find her role as she settles into a new life and a new home in a society quick to define that role for her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,604,547 books! | Top bar: Always visible