Chill Factor (Weather Warden, Book 3) by…

Chill Factor (Weather Warden, Book 3) (edition 2005)

by Rachel Caine (Author)

Series: Weather Warden (3)

Living, dead or Djinn, Joanne Baldwin just can't stay out of trouble. Now she's on a time-sensitive mission to Las Vegas to retrieve the world's most important Djinn from the world's most dangerous teenager - and she's doing it alone.
Member:Fourbee4
Title:Chill Factor (Weather Warden, Book 3)
Authors:Rachel Caine (Author)
Info:Ace (2005), 352 pages

Chill Factor by Rachel Caine

this book had me so engrossed that I couldn't put it down until I was finished with it. I feel bad for Jo, she goes through so much crap. Poor David, I wonder how they will save him? These books are quite unique in anything I have ever read. I have never quite read any book that involved, people who controlled weather like the wardens do, or basically the fact any books about djinn, mainly when you think of djinn, you think of the evil version of the "genie in the bottle." Ms. Caine has got quite the imagination to pull these books together, to where they grasp your attention immediately and hold onto it until the very end. I am excited to read the next book, as soon as I get my hands on it. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
Enjoyable read on the phone, lol ( )
  libgirl69 | Oct 4, 2018 |
I began reading this book anxious to see how the Kevin plotline would play out. As I said about him in regards to [b:Heat Stroke|157526|Heat Stroke (Weather Warden, #2)|Rachel Caine|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1256098442s/157526.jpg|152014], I don't like him, but I am fascinated by what someone with his background would do with ultimate power. I became more fascinated with him and the ways in which he tries to change, and also saddened with how easily he can be manipulated by anyone offering him affection. There's an edge to this I don't normally read and I think it's accurate.

I really, really, really could have done without the pregnancy. I'm not sure why I should think David is anything other than an ass for impregnating Joanne without her consent. Yeah, he had his reasons--to "protect" her--but IMO that doesn't excuse him.

I also kind of think Lewis is a jerk, because, he, too, has a habit of not telling Joanne what's going on and manipulating her. I'm not quite sure I like the Ma'at. I like the concept of them, how they balance things, but I don't like who they are personally.

Typical for [a:Rachel Caine|15292|Rachel Caine|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1236699865p2/15292.jpg], the ending hits hard, setting up Joanne for an even rockier road to come. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
I can't get enough of this series! I loved Joanne and David as a couple and the djinn and weather warden elements are a refreshing change that I find rather fascinating. These books aren't short on suspense and this one was pretty heavy on the angst, but it kept me turning the pages. Joanne is a tough as nails heroine and good grief...after the last three books the woman needs a nice quiet vacation on the beach! I don't think she's going to get one though. This installment actually made me cry a little. David cannot be stuck as an ifrit. He just CAN'T!

I'm still on the fence about Jonathon...is he a good guy or a bad guy? We know he's got the djinn mojo, but what exactly is he planning? I'll be reading the next story to find out how Joanne prevails this time! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
Loved it, Kevin the terrible teen takes the wardens to vegas where he causes all kinds of dumb mistakes and Jo has to help solve them. I just love this story, all the characters are interesting and fun to follow. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
In a subgenre that shows signs of getting stale, Caine has created a convincing and intensely compelling contemporary fantasy, with a kick-butt heroine who will appeal strongly to fans of Tanya Huff, Kelley Armstrong and Charlaine Harris.

The author wishes to thank: Good fortune, Godiva chocolates, and Slim-Fast. My long-suffering, long-haired Cat. Jo, Kel, Glenn, Jackie, Pat, Annie, Circe, and a host of other wonderful friends too numerous to name here. Lucienne Diver, for her magnificent support. My friends and colleagues at LSG Sky Chefs. Musical support: the great Joe Bonamassa, Eric Czar, and Kenny Kramme! www.jbonamassa.com (And thanks to all the JB fans out there who've made me welcome in their family!)
The sky overhead was blue. Clearn, depthless, cloudless blue, the kind that stares back at you like Nietzsche's abyss. Not a cloud in sight.

Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin has protected the human race from monster storms, been killed, reborn as a Djinn, and then restored to her original form. Now she's throwing the dice to stop an infinitely powerful, deeply disturbed kid-who is holed up in a Vegas hotel-from bringing on a new ice age.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,424,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible