Total Eclipse by Rachel Caine

Total Eclipse

by Rachel Caine

320834,663 (3.81)7
Recently added byChazmagic1, private library, Eisler, frootbat, wanderingwynd, RevBobMIB, LisaHuskey, lindyjudd, Salidad

I liked this story. It was fast paced, and the heroine was resourceful in the face of catastrophy. I couldn't imagine myself working that fast, but I was excited reading Total Eclipse. There was a good balance of all aspects of being human. ( )
  lindyjudd | Oct 8, 2015 |
This was an exciting conclusion to the Weather Warden series. Joanne, David, Cherise and Kevin set off to try to get Joanne and David's powers back. They need to travel to the fire oracle through horrible weather. Mother Earth is waking up, has reclaimed all the djinn, and is really angry. She is expressing her anger through waves of destruction.

Adding to the problems is the fact that Joanne's powers have found a new home in Cherise who is Joanne's best friend but also a previously ordinary human. She suddenly has vast powers of weather and earth and has never been taught to control them. Kevin is a Weather Warden but he also now has David's djinn powers. He is better able to control them but doesn't waThe nt the powers.

The four of them struggle to travel while dodging massive storms and djinn sent by Mother Earth to destroy them. All along they are hearing from Lewis, who is in charge of the remaining wardens, that conditions are getting worse and worse throughout the world.

The story is fast-paced and filled with action. It is also filled with Joanne's determination not to give up but to keep trying different approaches to convince Mother Earth to stop her waves of destruction. I liked the relationship between Joanne and David and their willingness to do anything for each other.

Fans of urban fantasy will want to put this series on their reading list. ( )
  kmartin802 | Jul 11, 2015 |
There have been ups and downs with this series (mostly ups). This book was a definite "up." With the world literally falling apart around them, Jo and her djinn husband, David, do everything they can to save humanity. I really enjoyed this one. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
Solid finale for the nine book Weather Warden series. I started this series just on a whim, and kept picking up the next one until finishing with this one. I was very impressed with Caine's ability to combine technical details, some romance, and supernatural elements in a fantasy backdrop that made for fast, entertaining reads. Very original... ( )
  utbw42 | Jan 13, 2014 |
An epic conclusion to the series. After the slight disappointments of the previous novel, I was not sure my enthusiasm could be clawed back in its entirity for this one.

I was wrong.

I believe it is the cataclysmatic, apolcalyptic nature of this book that truly appealed to me. Caine is not afraid to tear apart the world as we know it.

However, I can't help but think there is another story here - the addition of Cassiel to this plot may have confused me - had I not realised (several books ago) that Caine had written another series set around the Wardens, and this marks a crossover between the two. Now I feel somewhat obliged to read those too, but onto something else in the interim, I feel.

Thank you, Ms Caine, for your Weather Wardens series. It has kept me entertained these past few weeks and I am glad I delved in to your epic and extravagant world. ( )
  LemurKat | Sep 12, 2013 |

Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin, her husband, the djinn David, and the Earth herself have been poisoned by a substance that destroys the magic that keeps the world alive. The poison is destabilizing the entire balance of power, bestowing magic upon those who have never had it, and removing it from those who need it. It's just a matter of time before the delicate balance of nature explodes into chaos-and doom.

Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin and Djinn David, who have been stripped of their powers, must stop a poisonous substance from destabilizing the entire balance of power and destroying the magic that keeps the world alive.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,833,999 books! | Top bar: Always visible