Total Eclipse by Rachel Caine

Total Eclipse

by Rachel Caine

There have been ups and downs with this series (mostly ups). This book was a definite "up." With the world literally falling apart around them, Jo and her djinn husband, David, do everything they can to save humanity. I really enjoyed this one. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
Solid finale for the nine book Weather Warden series. I started this series just on a whim, and kept picking up the next one until finishing with this one. I was very impressed with Caine's ability to combine technical details, some romance, and supernatural elements in a fantasy backdrop that made for fast, entertaining reads. Very original... ( )
  utbw42 | Jan 13, 2014 |
An epic conclusion to the series. After the slight disappointments of the previous novel, I was not sure my enthusiasm could be clawed back in its entirity for this one.

I was wrong.

I believe it is the cataclysmatic, apolcalyptic nature of this book that truly appealed to me. Caine is not afraid to tear apart the world as we know it.

However, I can't help but think there is another story here - the addition of Cassiel to this plot may have confused me - had I not realised (several books ago) that Caine had written another series set around the Wardens, and this marks a crossover between the two. Now I feel somewhat obliged to read those too, but onto something else in the interim, I feel.

Thank you, Ms Caine, for your Weather Wardens series. It has kept me entertained these past few weeks and I am glad I delved in to your epic and extravagant world. ( )
  LemurKat | Sep 12, 2013 |
Amazon preorder
read a while back.

Enjoyed the wrap up to the series, but it was time.
You can only go back to the well so many times. ( )
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
A great culmination of the series. Each installment was epic in its own way, and I did like that there was no guessing what huge life-changes would happen next for the main characters. Caine tied together a lot of threads from the first book all the way through book 9. Her characterization was consistent and the series was a fun ride.

Having said all that, I think I'm glad it seems to have ended here. There's only so much "epic" I can take! ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |

Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin, her husband, the djinn David, and the Earth herself have been poisoned by a substance that destroys the magic that keeps the world alive. The poison is destabilizing the entire balance of power, bestowing magic upon those who have never had it, and removing it from those who need it. It's just a matter of time before the delicate balance of nature explodes into chaos-and doom.

Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin and Djinn David, who have been stripped of their powers, must stop a poisonous substance from destabilizing the entire balance of power and destroying the magic that keeps the world alive.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,239,985 books! | Top bar: Always visible