Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) by Becca…

Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) (edition 2010)

by Becca Fitzpatrick (Author)

Series: Hush, Hush (2)

3,0771913,286 (3.75)47
Sixteen-year-old Nora Grey struggles to face the truth while coping with having a fallen angel boyfriend named Patch and unraveling the mystery surrounding her father's death.
Member:Rachel_Cucinella
Title:Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: First Thus, 432 pages
Rating:***

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

“I love you, Nora. Whatever happens, promise me you'll remember that. I don't care why you came into my life, only that you did. I don't remember all the things I did wrong. I remember what I did right, I remember you. You made my life meaningful. You made my life special.”
― Becca Fitzpatrick, Crescendo

I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.
After Patch's reaction to Nora proclaiming her love. Nora feels rejected and breaks it off. Now she is getting messages from someone about her dad's death and someone known as the Black Hand. It seems that once again she is in danger. The question though is from who?
Great story. Very captivating. Full of teenage drama though lol. But of course that was to be expected with this book. Nora's choices and reactions in this book were really immature, but I'm looking at it through adult eyes. Patches way of dealing with Nora's choice and reactions where also handled immaturely and just plain badly. Vee has redeemed herself to me in this book. I really didn't like her much in the first book as I thought she was being a pretty crappy friend, but she really pulled through in this one and might possibly be the most mature character in the entire story. Also I can relate to Vee's love of food. :D
How I choose my rating:
1* Hated it. Had to force myself to finish it.
2** Didn't really like it. Didn't hate it but not sure why I finished it other then for some closure.
3*** I liked it. I had some issues with it, but as a whole it was good. I probably won't reread again ever, but there is a chance I might finish the series. (If part of one) But if not it's not a huge loss.
4**** I really liked this book. Maybe not a work of genius, but highly entertaining. I might reread this again, and I will finish the series. (If part of one) I would recommend to those I know hold interest in this books content.
5***** I loved this book. I found little to no issues with it at all. I will definitely be rereading this and probably more than once. I will finish the series and reread it multiple times. (If part of one) I will recommend this book to EVERYONE!!!!
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
Kinda slow at points but with a great twist at the end. ( )
  Nicole_girl | Mar 8, 2021 |
Rating: 80% (4 stars) ( )
  melonah | Jan 9, 2021 |
What the fuck was THAT???

Nora is a complete annoying dipshit who gets herself into all these ridiculous situations and Patch is a creep who should get locked up for sexual harrassment. NORA breaks up with Patch, and spends the ENTIRE FUCKING BOOK whining about him and Marcie. Nora continually invades other's personal privacy and breaks into (or tries to break into) the houses of everyone who seems the least bit suspicious. Nora is the WORST FUCKING DETECTIVE IN THE WORLD. And that ending... WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM??? FITZPATRICK PULLED THAT ONE OUT OF HER ASS!!!

*** I apologize for this block of text that makes no sense. *** ( )
  mjacyla | Dec 12, 2020 |
This book was amazing! I didn't catch the bad guy until the end and it made the all the more thrilling. Also I'm sucker for drama so I got my fill of drama from this book. I really enjoy books that make me feel real feelings toward the characters and this was that kind of a book. I hated Marcie and also Patch... Sometimes. I really felt for Nora too even though sometimes she was the one who started the fights and it was always just Patch's fault. The plot of the book is just perfect. It's full of surprises and twists and drama and everything a perfect book should have. Now I'm on to the third book of the series and I can't wait to read it! ( )
  AllAndAnyBooks | Sep 17, 2020 |

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionscalculated
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

To Jenn Martin and Rebecca Sutton, for your friendship superpowers! Thanks also to T.J. Fritsche, for suggesting the character name Ecanus.
The fingers of the thorn-apple tree clawed at the windowpane behind Harrison Grey, and he dog-eared his page, no longer able to read through the racket.
The good news: I convinced Lynn not to send Scott over this morning to pick you up. The bad news: Lynn is set on the tour of town. At this point I'm not sure saying no is going to work. Would you mind taking him around after class? Keep it short. Really short. I left his number on the kitchen counter.
XOXO-Mom
P.S. I'll call you tonight from my hotel.
THIS RING BELONGS TO THE BLACK HAND. HE KILLED YOUR DAD.
I was a jerk last night. Forgive me?

Après une année tourmentée , Nora a retrouvé Patch , l'homme qu'elle aime et qui est maintenant son ange gardien. Alors qu'elle devrait savourer ce bonheur nouveau, un passé menaçant refait surface . Hantée par le meurtre violent de son père , la jeune fille se retrouve plongée dans un mystère qui la dépasse . Son père a-t-il payé de sa vie son ascendance néphilim ?

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,401,411 books! | Top bar: Always visible