Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) by Becca…

Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) (edition 2012)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Series: Hush, Hush (2)

4,1112052,991 (3.76)47
Sixteen-year-old Nora Grey struggles to face the truth while coping with having a fallen angel boyfriend named Patch and unraveling the mystery surrounding her father's death.
Member:Summergirl33
Title:Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Paperback, 464 pages

Work Information

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

nora once again proves she doesnt retain any information. some twists were good, some you could see coming miles away. the only characters really written to be liked seem to be nora and patch, everyone else being rather 2dimensional. overall builds a decent world, even though its a lot of information repeated constantly ( )
  mawce | Jun 30, 2024 |
I find Nora very frustrating; she receives a drugged envelope and makes assumptions, then doesn't question the person she suspects but continues to pursue them as a boyfriend. If I unwillingly received a drug, I sure as heck would not continue pursuing the person I thought was doing it, ugh! ( )
  Shauna_Morrison | Jun 23, 2024 |
Paranormal
  BooksInMirror | Feb 19, 2024 |
I loved Hush, Hush. I was excited to be able to read more Nora and Patch. And then I read the book description for Crescendo and felt disappointed before even reading a word. I was worried there'd be a mostly pointless love triangle (or possibly more introduced and I'd spend the majority of the novel annoyed and wishing I could fast forward to the end.

Instead what I got was a slow build up (I see what you did there with the Crescendo, Ms. Fitzpatrick) of emotions and history until it all comes crashing down.

Nora learns a little bit more about who she is and what she is made of in this book. She's not sure who she's able to trust, even Patch. Because of this, she has to rely more on herself for the answers she needs. She trusts her instincts more and lets the blood that runs through her help guide her. Of course, this means sometimes she makes decisions that made me shake my head at her, all the while loving that she's starting to stand on her own more.

The relationship between Nora and Patch hits turbulence in this one and even though it gets rough, it's very easy to see that everything ripping them apart in Crescendo is also driving them closer together. They can't be torn apart, even when forces outside their control are trying their hardest. Even when it is them doing the ripping, they still find a way to be together.

The twists and turns in Crescendo had be guessing at every page. Just when I thought I'd have something figured out, the road would turn and I'd be just as clueless as I started. It kept me focused and on my toes.

Crescendo is a fabulous sequel to a great book, and certainly didn't let me down like I thought it might. The story fits its name and I can't wait to read what happens next. ( )
  b00kdarling87 | Jan 7, 2024 |
★★★★☆

first of all: WHY DID YOU END IT LIKE THAT? THAT CLIFFHANGER? i need to read crooked kingdom before i start the third book but now i’m too invested in this series to wait.

there were so many plot twists and i was confused but the author does a really good job at making things clear. when being introduced to a new idea, she explains it very well.

this book is pretty fast-paced, but that might just be because it’s an ebook and i tend to read ebooks quickly.

as much as i wanted patch and nora to be together in this book, i was very satisfied by their last moment because you can see that patch truly does care about nora, even if it wasn’t supposed to happen.

also, fuck you rixon you dirty goat cheese flubnubber trash can stinker smelly bean burrito big boy hooligan fat bat penis fat headass. ugly. dumb. stupid. ( )
  orderofthephoenix | Oct 22, 2023 |

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionscalculated
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

To Jenn Martin and Rebecca Sutton, for your friendship superpowers! Thanks also to T.J. Fritsche, for suggesting the character name Ecanus.
The fingers of the thorn-apple tree clawed at the windowpane behind Harrison Grey, and he dog-eared his page, no longer able to read through the racket.
The good news: I convinced Lynn not to send Scott over this morning to pick you up. The bad news: Lynn is set on the tour of town. At this point I'm not sure saying no is going to work. Would you mind taking him around after class? Keep it short. Really short. I left his number on the kitchen counter.
XOXO-Mom
P.S. I'll call you tonight from my hotel.
THIS RING BELONGS TO THE BLACK HAND. HE KILLED YOUR DAD.
I was a jerk last night. Forgive me?

Après une année tourmentée , Nora a retrouvé Patch , l'homme qu'elle aime et qui est maintenant son ange gardien. Alors qu'elle devrait savourer ce bonheur nouveau, un passé menaçant refait surface . Hantée par le meurtre violent de son père , la jeune fille se retrouve plongée dans un mystère qui la dépasse . Son père a-t-il payé de sa vie son ascendance néphilim ?

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 209,003,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible