My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television…

My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover

by Jen Lancaster

Biography & Autobiography. Essays. Nonfiction. Humor (Nonfiction.) HTML:

It's a JENaissance! The New York Times bestselling author of Pretty in Plaid gets her culture on.

Readers have followed Jen Lancaster through job loss, sucky city living, weight loss attempts, and 1980s nostalgia. Now Jen chronicles her efforts to achieve cultural enlightenment, with some hilarious missteps and genuine moments of inspiration along the way. And she does so by any means necessary: reading canonical literature, viewing classic films, attending the opera, researching artisan cheeses, and even enrolling in etiquette classes to improve her social graces.

In Jen's corner is a crack team of experts, including Page Six socialites, gourmet chefs, an opera aficionado, and a master sommelier. She may discover that well-regarded, high-priced stinky cheese tastes exactly as bad as it smells, and that her love for Kraft American Singles is forever. But one thing's for certain: Eliza Doolittle's got nothing on Jen Lancaster-and failure is an option.

… (more)
Member:timjdarling2
Title:My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover
Authors:Jen Lancaster
Info:Publisher Unknown

Work Information

My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being a Dumb Ass is the New Black, or, a Culture-Up Manifesto by Jen Lancaster

Decided not to read after not liking another one of her books.
  phyllis2779 | Jul 18, 2021 |
I think this might be my favorite Jen Lancaster book to date. I was not a big fan of Pretty in Plaid, but this one more than made up for it. Maybe because I have undertaken my own "Jenaissance" with similar results ( especially when I discovered Mediterranean food). Overall, this book was reliable Jen Lancaster, lots of laugh out load moments and a great story. ( )
  sunshine608 | Feb 2, 2021 |
I really did like this book. Jen Lancaster is a writer who realizes just how little culture she has and sets about to change that. Relying on friends with connections, her husband, and beloved pets, she actually does manage to expand her horizons by including classic books, international foods, and a vibrant theater going life. She is funny and caustic and real and I like that she ended this quest mostly ahead, except for the picture that she steamrolled Alex Baldwin into taking with her and her husband. A fun read! ( )
  Colleen5096 | Oct 29, 2020 |
Classic Jen...absolutely hilarious!!! ( )
  tntbeckyford | Feb 16, 2019 |
Another funny, very entertaining read! You MUST pick this one up! ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |

Biography & Autobiography. Essays. Nonfiction. Humor (Nonfiction.) HTML:

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,759,868 books! | Top bar: Always visible