War of Kings by Dan Abnett

War of Kings (edition 2014)

by Dan Abnett (Author), Paul Pelletier (Illustrator), Bong Dazo (Illustrator)

The Inhumans have taken flight to outer space. Their destiny as rulers written in the ancient fates, Black Bolt and the royal family have taken command of the Kree empire! Meanwhile, Vulcan, power-mad brother of the X-Men's Cyclops and Havok, has become the newest emperor of the Shi'ar, the most advanced military civilization in the galaxy! What happens when these mighty powers turn their rage upon one another? And what happens to those caught in the crossfire?… (more)
Member:ragwaine
Title:War of Kings
Authors:Dan Abnett (Author)
Other authors:Paul Pelletier (Illustrator), Bong Dazo (Illustrator)
Info:Marvel (2014), 256 pages
Rating:***
Tags:DoNotOwn, graphic novel, marvel_cosmic, war_of_kings, superheroes

War of Kings by Dan Abnett

I am not a fan of this series. It seem like I entered in the middle of the story without knowing any of the characters, which I guess is partly true. I am not that familiar with the cosmic storylines in Marvel.

From what I gather of the story, there is a wacked out crazy emperor of some space kingdom and he invades this other space kingdom ruled by Inhumans. I still have no idea what the difference between an X-man and an Inhuman is, but I'm guessing it involves some sort of space thing. I really had no invested interest in who wins this war of kings, but I figure I am supposed to root against the insane guy.

I think with this series i'm going to wrap it up with space themed comic events and head back to more familiar comic territory. ( )
  nmorse | Dec 3, 2019 |
I tend to really love Marvel Cosmic stuff, but this one didn't blow me away. It was cool though, there's a lot going on up there in space. ( )
  ragwaine | Dec 2, 2019 |

Dan Abnettprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lanning, AndyAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Pelletier, PaulIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Dazo, BongIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Outer dust clouds of the Arkana Nebula. Now...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,160,175 books! | Top bar: Always visible