Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Selected Poems of Christina Rossetti by…

Selected Poems of Christina Rossetti

by Christina Rossetti

I am definitely going to buy a print copy of this wonderful book of poetry. I first became intrigued with Christina Rossetti last year, in 2015, when I chanced upon a penguin publication of her poem, The Goblin Market as part of its 80th anniversary celebrations. I could only imagine the Victorian circumstances and way of living that forced such brilliant women like Rossetti to seek their creative outlet through poetry. As a new Kindle reader, among the very first books that I searched for were Rossetti's complete works of poetry and this book is a treasurer's delight. There are about 230 poems. I could read them all one each day and keep doing it for the rest of my life. Bravo, Christina. ( )
  Sharayu_Gangurde | Jan 19, 2017 |
If you like the poet, this is a handsome volume done up with decoration and typeface that mimic the period very well. ( )
  Big_Bang_Gorilla | Jun 1, 2011 |
A nice selection of Ms Rossetti's classic. The layout is nice and the print is agreeable, but there are no scholarly notes to distract a reader with. The book often only quotes parts of poems, which gets annoying when you keep seeing the same title over and over, but it gives a great range of poetry from the religious verse to love poetry to children's rhymes. She has the most marvelous ear and can pull off some rhymes that most normally can't. ( )
  porian | Dec 2, 2005 |

A beautifully illustrated gift book edition of Rossetti's musical nineteenth-century poetry includes such familiar works as ""Repining,"" ""A Birthday,"" ""Amor Mundi,"" and ""Goblin Market.""

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:49 -0400)

The poems selected in this volume display the extraordinary talent of Christina Rossetti, showing her to be one of the nineteenth century's most important English Poets.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,495,077 books! | Top bar: Always visible