Castle: The Complete First Season by Andrew…

Not the usual police procedural, this focuses on Rick Castle, a bestselling mystery writer who is shadowing a NYPD detective, the better to use her as a model for the heroine of his next series. I really liked this, because:

1) Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle. What can I say? I'm a fan.

2) Stana Katic as Detective Katherine Houghton "Kate" Beckett--in particular the chemistry between her and Fillion and the witty banter between them.

3) It's set--and filmed--in New York City, my home town--not a Hollywood set or Toronto as a stand-in. And it shows. Adds to the fun.

4) I liked Castle's family. It was nice to watch a good father/daughter relationship.

5) I liked the whole publishing/writing element--there's even a scene early on where Castle has a poker game with other bestselling writers--some real ones playing themselves such as James Patterson.

Really, really fun. ( )
  LisaMaria_C | Oct 7, 2013 |
Tremendous fun. Wit and mystery. ( )
  librisissimo | Jan 21, 2011 |

Marlowe, Andrew W.Creatorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dever, Seamussecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fillion, Nathansecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Huertas, Jonsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Katic, Stanasecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Quinn, Molly C.secondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Santiago-Hudson, Rubensecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This work is the first season of the television show "Castle" (DVD or other video format). Please be careful not to combine - or let this work be combined - with books entitled Castle.

A famous crime and horror novelist, Rick Castle, helps Kate Beckette of the NYPD homicide department solve crimes. Castle's non-traditional approach to solving the crimes conflicts with Beckett's conservative approach, leading to much tension and a hint of romance.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,823,253 books! | Top bar: Always visible