A Very NASCAR Holiday (Anthology, 3-in-1)

by Nancy Warren (Contributor), Debra Webb (Contributor), Gina Wilkins (Contributor)

Series: Colby Agency ("Christmas Past" 35)

Three separate stories by three different authors, each with a romance/Christmas/NASCAR theme.

as the title suggests, three light romances with nascar drivers, off the track. Good read ( )
  nancynova | Nov 17, 2020 |
I'll review each story separately:

"All I Want for Christmas" by Nancy Warren

Darren Littlejohn wins an essay competition to meet his favorite driver, Jason Bane. Jason's a hometown boy and had gone to school with Darren's mother; he'd also had a little crush on her in high school. Unbeknownst to Jason, she'd also had a little crush on him in high school, too. Once they meet again, the sparks fly.

Altogether, this was a really cute story that didn't really feel all that rushed, as short stories often tend to feel (at least in my opinion). There's also a little Christmas magic involved.

"Christmas Past" by Debra Webb

Jason Fewell's life hasn't been the same since he lost his girlfriend in a tragic mountain accident three years ago. He decides that he has to face his fear and returns to the mountain that claimed her life. While there, he runs into Molly Clark, who claims to have booked the exact same room as he did at the exact same time. They decide to split the room since everything else is booked. But Molly Clark is actually a member of the Colby Agency, hired by Jason's boss to keep him safe.

This story was a dud. I didn't like Molly and never felt like I got to know Jason. There's very little to do with NASCAR, and the whole set-up just felt rather dumb. I found myself skimming this one. It definitely doesn't live up to the other two stories in the collection; thankfully, it was the shortest!

"Secret Santa" by Gina Wilkins

R.J. Sanger, inspired by his father, wants to play Santa Claus, but he also doesn't want his real identity getting out while he does so. But he falls for the woman playing Mrs. Claus, a woman who is determined not to date, and her daughter.

This story was another cute one, and another winner from Gina Wilkins (can she write a bad story? I haven't found one yet!). R.J. is a great character, and Leanne (Mrs. Claus) is a good one too. It was a great way to end the collection.

Altogether, I'd recommend this collection to anyone who likes the Harlequin NASCAR line. ( )
  schatzi | Oct 3, 2010 |

Warren, NancyContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Webb, DebraContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Wilkins, GinaContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Colby Agency ("Christmas Past" 35)

Belongs to Publisher Series

Includes:
"All I Want for Christmas" by Nancy Warren
"Christmas Past" by Debra Webb
"Secret Santa" by Gina Wilkins

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,110,363 books! | Top bar: Always visible