TimeRiders

by Alex Scarrow

Series: TimeRiders (1)

Rescued from imminent death, teens Maddy, Liam, and Sal join forces in 2001 Manhattan to correct changes in history made by other time travelers, using a "time bubble" surrounding the attack on the Twin Towers to hide their journeys.

English (13)  German (1)  French (1)  All languages (15)
I liked this book. Basically everything that could go wrong went wrong but in the end everything went well. I can say that I really doubted that they would be able to come out alive. ( )
  bookscantgetenough | May 5, 2019 |
It took me awhile to get into, but I was hooked by the end! I read it awhile back but I see now that it has some sequels that I will most definitely be looking into! ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
My eldest picked for his solo book report, and I usually read the books he's working on - it helps when he brainstorms (and so on). It's kind of fun, and I'm not hating it. ( )
  mkunruh | Nov 13, 2016 |
In this story, 3 teens are recruited from just before death, from 3 different times, to create a team, to fix history. I found this an intriguing idea for a novel, so when I read the blurb, I just had to read the whole novel.

I thought the plot was great, it flowed really well, moving really smoothly. The only part I felt took away from the flow, was the beginning, with the changing of the modern day world, which I felt was a strange thing, and that they had to live the same two days over and over. This point wasn't really explained very well, and looking back, I don't know why that happened. Apart from that, I felt the time travel was explained really well.

The main plot, involves changing the past to save the future. There was a good use of tension, with short sentences adding to the distress and danger the characters were in. I thought there were some real nail biting moments, which kept you on the edge of your seat.

The 3 main characters, which make up the Time Riders team; Liam, Maddy and Sal, are great. They were really diverse, with the differences definitely adding to the enjoyment of the story. I also enjoyed the fact that Liam was from the early 20th century, which meant our technology was alien to him. It was great to see how he reacted to this life that is so different, but also the way he spoke, which was quite archaic. Each character had different strengths which were played out nicely through the story.

I loved the historical references in this story; Titanic, 9/11, Hitler. They all added to the story, with references making it easier to see how these changes in history could affect our lives.

There are 9 novels due to be released in this series, which is a lot, but I think it would be worth reading them all to see how Scarrow will continue the story. ( )
  ACascadeofBooks | Oct 5, 2016 |
Good story, but the characters were flat and uninteresting. Bob gave me some hope, like Data in Star Trek, but it never happened. ( )
  arning | Mar 22, 2016 |
To Frances and Jacob, the first two agency recruits. There'd be no agency without you.
Anyone left here on deck E? cried Liam O'Connor.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,388,305 books! | Top bar: Always visible