Runes: Theory & Practice by Galina Krasskova

Runes: Theory & Practice

by Galina Krasskova

Runes: Theory and Practice provides a thorough examination of the Norse runes. It will enable a beginner to delve effectively into their usage, but will also challenge the experienced rune-worker to better and deepen his or her understanding of these mysteries. Runes: Theory and Practice begins with an explication of the story of Odin, the Norse god who won the runes by sacrificing himself on the World Tree. It continues by examining each of the individual runes in turn, both the Elder Futhark and the lesser-known Anglo-Saxon Futhorc. Each rune is studied not only from a historical viewpoint, but also from the perspective of a modern practitioner. You will be introduced to the practice of galdr, the proper way to sacrifice to the runes, their magical usage, and the art of reading for divination. Most importantly, Runes: Theory and Practice specifically addresses the runes as living spirits and provides guidance on developing a working relationship with these otherworldly allies.… (more)

This book offers one person's perception of the runic ones and what each rune means. I might not agree with many of the subjective interpretations in this book, but I really enjoyed reading it. I love the fact that it addresses the runes as living, sentient beings. I have worked with 'runics' for a few years now. It wasn't until I learned to work with these energies as sentient (and even personified) beings that my ability to truly understand them blossomed. This book offers one way of understanding runic energies and is certainly worth having as part of your collection if you are interested in such things. ( )
  PardaMustang | May 3, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,802,263 books! | Top bar: Always visible