The Amazing Mackerel Pudding Plan: Classic Diet Recipe Cards from the 1970s

by Wendy McClure

A collection of notorious 1970s recipe cards for everything from Fish Balls to Celery Logs, Caucasian Shashlik to Frankfurter Spectacular from a popular diet plan have been reproduced in all their scary goodness.

This is the scariest, most hilarious book I have ever seen. I laughed till I cried over some of these creepy recipe cards and the author's wacky comments. You definitely have to have the right sense of humor to appreciate this book. ( )
  FionaCat | Oct 10, 2008 |
My only regret is that the actual recipes weren't included. The cards alone would have had me on the floor--the comments are priceless. ( )
  tloeffler | Jul 24, 2007 |
This book is hilarious! Did you mom (or grandma) collect recipe cards - the ones that came with a picture on the top and they fit into a scpecially bought card holder? Well, mine did and that makes this pop culture send off even more entertaining.

I burst out laughing thru most of the selections. For a great laugh I strongly suggest finding this little gem. ( )
  Mendoza | Jul 23, 2007 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,932,986 books! | Top bar: Always visible