And One Last Thing...

by Molly Harper

After Lacey Terwilliger receives a bouquet of flowers meant for her husband's mistress, she sends a scathing e-mail about his affair to everyone they know. She retreats to a family cabin, and has to deal with Monroe, an aggravating neighbor.

Loved this! It was a very quick read and was lots of fun. I immediately downloaded her some of her paranormal books because I like her writing style. ( )
  tsmom1219 | Feb 24, 2022 |
I've been itching to read this book since it arrived, and I was heading to Key West for a short stay, so into the bag it went.

Molly Harper has, until recently, been best known for her hilarious series of books set in the town of Half-Moon Hollow, about a community of vampires. Her newest books are a departure from the Urban Fantasy and focus on women's fiction/chick-lit. And one more thing is an earlier effort at the same: no vampires or werewolves, just a screwed over woman getting her own back in a deeply hilarious and outrageous way, then facing up to the consequences. There's a new love too of course; without it this would be an incomplete book, but it's not insta-love and it doesn't smack of rebound. Harper makes reader and characters alike wait for it and work for it.

I put off reading this one for years thinking it would be too shallow for my tastes in chick-lit, but after reading her recent series set in Georgia (Sweet Tea and Sympathy), I realised I might be missing out. I was. It's not a life changing read, but it is more thoughtful and involved than the title and synopsis would lead you to believe. It was light, but not frivolous, funny but not at the expense of character development. A perfect beach read. ( )
  murderbydeath | Jan 17, 2022 |
Breezy but not sloppy or dumb. Recommended for when you're in the mood for a little 1st World problem set. Liked the ending and even the recursive nature (she's upset, she writes an attack piece, she writes a journal, she writes drafts for a novel). ( )
  Je9 | Aug 10, 2021 |
absolutely hillarious. i love the heroine. loved the opening chapter. i read tje whole thing in one go. finished at 2am and had to get up at 6:30am but it was so worth it. i am still laughing at the newsletter. one of my all time favorites. ill read this again and again ad again. ( )
  amoderndaybelle | May 27, 2021 |
Sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes grin-worthy and overall a hilarious, very heartwarming book.
It has been a while since I have enjoyed a Chick Lit novel, but Lacey's journey to overcome the humiliation after her husband's cheating and the colorful newsletter that ensued it was pleasant and somehow gave a little push to my feminist side.

I was glad to see her gaining maturity and showing some character growth. Oh, and of course moving on with Hugh Jackman :) ( )
  Ash600 | Mar 19, 2021 |

Molly Harperprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ronconi, AmandaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Lacey Terwilliger's shock and humiliation over her husband's philandering prompt her to add some bonus material to Mike's company newsletter: stunning Technicolor descriptions of the special brand of "administrative support" his receptionist gives him. The detailed mass e-mail to Mike's family, friends, and clients blows up in her face, and before one can say "instant urban legend", Lacey has become the pariah of her small Kentucky town, a media punch line, and the defendant in Mike's defamation lawsuit.

Her seemingly perfect life up in flames, Lacey retreats to her family's lakeside cabin, only to encounter an aggravating neighbor named Monroe. A hunky crime novelist with a low tolerance for drama, Monroe is not thrilled about a newly divorced woman moving in next door. But with time, beer, and a screen door to the nose, a cautious friendship develops into something infinitely more satisfying.

Lacey has to make a decision about her long-term living arrangements, though. Should she take a job writing caustic divorce newsletters for paying clients, or move on with her own life, pursuing more literary aspirations? Can she find happiness with a man who tells her what he thinks and not what she wants to hear? And will she ever be able to resist saying one... last... thing?

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,887,970 books! | Top bar: Always visible