Kane Chronicles # 1: The Red Pyramid by Rick…

Kane Chronicles # 1: The Red Pyramid (original 2010; edition 2018)

by Rick Riordan (Author)

After their father's research experiment at the British Museum unleashes the Egyptian god Set, Carter and Sadie Kane embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest which brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.… (more)
Member:Ella_reese
Title:Kane Chronicles # 1: The Red Pyramid
Authors:Rick Riordan (Author)
Info:Hachette Book Group (2018), Edition: New Cover ed., 576 pages

Work Information

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan (2010)

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (aps3644)
    aps3644: More of Riordan's magic in a different local.
    The Alchemyst by Michael Scott (deslivres5)
    deslivres5: Brother-sister twins from modern San Francisco work with the famous alchemist Nicholas Flamel with and against various creatures from European myth and folklore to preserve ancient secrets.
    Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (elbakerone)
    elbakerone: Another great fantasy for young readers centered around a brother and sister!
    Smells Like Dog by Suzanne Selfors (PamFamilyLibrary)
    PamFamilyLibrary: No gods in this one, but it's got a similar style of humor and action. Well plotted.

I honestly love this book! Rick is an amazing author and I’ve read this one once before and am glad I’m rereading it! It took me back to my Egyptian obsession that I had as a child (I feel like everyone had one)! Carter and Sadie are two fantastic characters and I love seeing them grow as siblings and learn how to be magicians as well. ( )
  klcarmack | Nov 12, 2021 |
Wish this had been around when I was a kid. Fun to share with a young reader :) ( )
  bardbooks | Nov 11, 2021 |
It was intriguing, but not intriguing enough to read the entire series. ( )
  astronomist | Oct 3, 2021 |
In general I love the books of Rick Riordan but for me The Kane Chronicles were just okay. I think the story was great and it was really well written and I liked learning about Ancient Egyptian mythology but the main characters annoyed me. The characters bugged me so much it took away from the story. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
Review of the audiobook:

The female reader was fantastic with great energy and accents. The male reader was fair. The story was not well crafted and the plot boring. I made it about 70% before abandoning it. ( )
  jamestomasino | Sep 11, 2021 |

Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rocco, JohnCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van de Ven, Sandrasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wuthrich, MaryDirectorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To all my librarian friends, champions of books, true magicians in the House of Life. Without you, this writer would be lost in the Duat.
We only have a few hours, so listen carefully.

Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.

One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.

Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,391,773 books! | Top bar: Always visible