Mockingjay (The Hunger Games) by Suzanne…

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games) (edition 2010)

by Suzanne Collins (Author)

Series: The Hunger Games (3)

36,436165244 (3.92)1 / 839
Having survived the Hunger Games twice before, Katniss Everdeen is lucky to be alive. However, she is far from safe. With the Capitol and President Snow blaming her for the strife plaguing District 12, Katniss must sacrifice herself to protect her loved ones.
Member:MantisJean
Title:Mockingjay (The Hunger Games)
Authors:Suzanne Collins (Author)
Info:Scholastic Press (2010), Edition: 1st, 391 pages

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (mariah2)
    Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (mariah2)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (sarkisi_beyaz)
    Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden (zimzimzoo)
    zimzimzoo: The Hunger Games and Tomorrow, When the War Began have the same kind of feel - technically they're Science Fiction novels, but they feel more like survival stories with a bit of romance mixed in. I highly recommend both series.
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (airdna)
    The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau (callen610)
    The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness (jm501)
    The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer (mariah2)
    Wither by Lauren DeStefano (Bellyn)
    The Rebel Within by Lance Erlick (magelet87)
    magelet87: Ultimate Girl Power about a girl who wants to change her place in the world and think for herself and make her own opinions on how things should be. And change them.
    The Dead Republic by Roddy Doyle (Othemts)
    Othemts: Both books tell of the torment of a revolutionary used and abused by both sides in the battle and finally broken in their humanity.
    Roadside Picnic by Arkady Strugatsky (aethercowboy)
    aethercowboy: The rebel assault in Mockingjay is very reminiscent of the Strugatsky bros. book.
    Matched by Ally Condie (glade1)
    The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Volume II: The Kingdom on the Waves by M. T. Anderson (Othemts)
    Battle Royale Ultimate Edition Volume 1 (v. 1) by Koushun Takami (gaialover)
    Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (cransell)

English (1,602)  German (10)  Spanish (8)  Dutch (7)  Italian (6)  French (3)  Catalan (3)  Hungarian (2)  Finnish (2)  Romanian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (1,646)
Four knit throws. The Throws showcase a variety of traditional and specialty yarns from specific manufacturers -- use worsted or bulkyweight yarn to mix and match. Leisure Arts #3871
  BLTSbraille | Oct 18, 2021 |
Even after reading this again, I really don't understand my many friends and acquaintances frustration with the ending. I like it, the ending is gratifying and makes sense enough to me. I think I read it around the same time I read the [b:Matched|7735333|Matched (Matched, #1)|Ally Condie|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1367706191s/7735333.jpg|9631645] trilogy and it was TERRIBLE. So the Hunger games trilogy is breath of fresh air. ( )
  Sassy_Seshat | Sep 26, 2021 |
I thought that series started off very strong but got weaker with each subsequent book. You can tell Suzanne Collins was a script writer because her books make great movies but as far as her books go they lack a bit, in my opinion. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
I finished book on reading book on 25th i started reading it in the evening and after finishing the book in the early morning around 5 am only i went to bed.
Suzanne Collins has finally created a great trilogy.the book is nothing like you expected considering previous books.it is full of deaths, bloodshed, rebel and ultimate war.
Book starts with the katniss visiting district 12 only to see the remains of her home.In the last part she was badly injured so she is a patient at district 13 where all other living residents of district 12 are living now. Katniss is being forced to accept the face of rebel by becoming MOCKINGJAY , which she ultimately does but on her own free will.While peeta is still being kept as prisoner and no one knows about the way he is being treated there. All this leads to emotional breakdown of Katniss.this Book promises lots of fight and action.
If any other reader like me expected some more romance between Katniss and Peeta then they will be disappointed because in most of the book Katniss was alone but i think this lack of romance was justified also cause at least in the end both of them are alive and together also they didn't end up like annie and finnick at least.
the book is no fun read , it leaves you feeling sad and depressed.it is one of the rare book which actually makes you feel sad because of the death of side characters.
The message through the book is clear that there is no happy ending for a war. in a war many people die but even the survivors are never same again even the strongest person break down and it would have been a huge exaggeration if Katniss would have been happy in the end.
the only thing that i didn't like was the death of prim, considering that whole drama was started after prim was chosen and Katniss did her best to protect her.but may be they could not leave Katniss untouched someone dearest to her had to be killed like gale, peeta or prim.
But still the book is amazing and a must read i will crown the book as the best book of 2010 but hey only until august because LAST SACRIFICE is yet to be released.lol ( )
  sanchita19 | Sep 22, 2021 |
Great. ( )
  _Marcia_94_ | Sep 21, 2021 |
Collins is absolutely ruthless in her depictions of war in all its cruelty, violence, and loss, leaving readers, in turn, repulsed, shocked, grieving and, finally, hopeful for the characters they've grown to empathize with and love. Mockingjay is a fitting end to the series that began with The Hunger Games (2008) and Catching Fire (2009) and will have the same lasting resonance as William Golding's Lord of the Flies and Stephen King's The Stand. However, the book is not a stand-alone; readers do need to be familiar with the first two titles in order to appreciate the events and characters in this one.

The series ends on an ostensibly happy note, but the heartbreaking effects of war and loss aren't sugar-coated. This is one YA novel that will leave you thinking about the ramifications of war on society, not just the coming-of-age of a young woman.

All in all, Mockingjay confirms what we've suspected already — The Hunger Games isn't just a powerful saga about a unique, memorable hero struggling to do the right thing in the public gaze. It's also an important work of science fiction that everyone should read, because if you don't, you'll be left out of all the best conversations.

The novel's biggest surprises are found elsewhere. Hope emerges from despair. Even in a dystopian future, there's a better future.

Fans will be happy to hear that Mockingjay is every bit as complex and imaginative as Hunger Games and Catching Fire.

Collins, Suzanneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McCormick, CarolynNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
O'Brien, TimCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parisi, Elizabeth B.Cover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ramírez Tello, PilarTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Cap, Charlie, and Isabel
I stare down at my shoes, watching as a fine layer of ash settles on the worn leather.
My arms rise slightly - as if recalling the black-and-white wings Cinna gave me - then come to rest at my sides. "I'm going to be the Mockingjay."
He understands I don't want anyone with me today. Not even him. Some walks you have to take alone.
And it takes too much energy to stay angry with someone who cries so much.
"No, I want you to rethink it and come up with the right opinion," I tell him.
Frankly, our ancestors don't seem much to brag about. I mean, look at the state they left us in, with the wars and the broken planet. Clearly, they didn't care about what would happen to the people who came after them.

Peeta, Katniss, Gale,
The Hunger Games they had played.
Now it's war they face.
In the aftermath
of the Quarter Quell, all have
to fight their demons.
(passion4reading)
Book one was so good
My appetite waned by two
By three, not hungry

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Suzanne Collins's book Mockingjay was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,192,451 books! | Top bar: Always visible