CLAMP no Kiseki, Volume 5

by CLAMP

Series: CLAMP no Kiseki (5)

CLAMP, the world-famous manga collective known for such fantastical works as Cardcaptor Sakura and Chobits, celebrates its 15th anniversary with this volume in a 12-book collection that features exclusive material, never-before-seen magna, and three limited edition collectible figurines. Full color. Young adult. Consumable.… (more)

Another Clamp no Kiseki to explore the various works by the talented CLAMP women. This issue covers three separate manga series, that are all linked by being set in the same world. CLAMP school is a place for gifted and extraordinary children. It is protected by a team of superheroes in the tokusatsu style (Duklyon Defenders), and it has a renowned thief as one of its students (Man of Many Faces). The heart of the school, however, is its student council. Nokoru, Suoh, and Akira are the three members, and they are also the team of CLAMP school detectives, boys committed to righting the wrongs of women in distress. These series are some of the earlier work by CLAMP, and they are light and refreshing, although they originally ran at the same time as the intense and dark RG Veda. For readers interested in the sweeter and more humorous side of CLAMP, they should check out these stories, and the Kiseki book is a great place to start. It explores the characters and stories of each series through interviews, synopsis, and bios. As always, gorgeous full page or two-page illustrations are reproduced, in full color. I enjoyed it, but of course, I am a fan of most of the work these women have produced. The art work alone makes it a good purchase, but the collectible chess pieces that accompany the book make it a can't miss for me. I also have enjoyed all the interviews with the CLAMP team. The other supplementary material is mildly entertaining, although it often makes me want to buy and read the series being discussed, as I'm sure the publishers intended. A lovely collectible book, aimed at a very specific audience. ( )
1 vote nmhale | Sep 19, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,686,592 books! | Top bar: Always visible