Frenzy (Dreamhouse Kings) by Robert Liparulo

Frenzy (Dreamhouse Kings) (edition 2010)

by Robert Liparulo (Author)

Series: Dreamhouse Kings (6)

When Xander travels through the portals in the King's strange house to visit Uncle Jesse as a boy, he learns that David has died and determines to do whatever it takes, and visit as many worlds as necessary, to change the future.
Member:StephanyLo
Title:Frenzy (Dreamhouse Kings)
Authors:Robert Liparulo (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson Inc (2010), 340 pages

Work Information

Frenzy by Robert Liparulo

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
I appreciate that the story shows more strength from the female characters than the previous ones, but this novel maintains focus on male heroism. More cultures are present through the characters mentioning their existence, but they are not fully explored which leaves me wanting more.

The series would be a great inspiration for a historical research prompt that allows for students to explore any culture at any time period. ( )
  MagLuCliff | Mar 9, 2016 |
Whew!
This book opens with a Prologue, which figuratively just ripped my heart out. I had started reading this installment to take my mind off my real life, which involved someone I really like, possibly love, moving away from me and I really hurt because of it. I could *definitely* feel the emotions expressed in the prologue and wanted to cry right along! The feeling stayed with me through to the middle of the book.

In fact, I took a tiny break from reading because I was afraid of experiencing the crushing pain I experienced with the prologue! And then I was kind of afraid to start up again because I just couldn't believe it!

This book displays the spiritual aspects of the series much more. In the previous books, the Christian/spiritual aspect was more of an undertone -- it was great to see but you could overlook it. There is no overlooking it in this book ... which isn't necessarily a bad thing but may turn off some readers and they may be really disgusted by it. (I know atheists probably would be ...)

Interestingly, the 1st book reminded me of Narnia and that's how I explained it to people -- "a house with portals ...;" this book reminded me of Quantum Leap XD

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Nov 8, 2014 |
Perfect teenage mystery to instill a love for reading. I loved the ease with which Robert Liparulo writes as well as the ability to keep the novel clean, fun, and exciting all at the same time. Thank you for a wonderful culmination to the series. ( )
  willowwaw | Apr 8, 2011 |
The King family lives in a mysterious home that houses portals to different periods in history – both in time and space. After losing their mother through the malicious intervention of Taksidian and his massive time-traveling crony, Phemus, the King’s have been trying to find Mom while struggling to survive Taksidian’s increasingly malevolent attacks.

However, I have some mixed feelings about this final installment. In some ways it was deeply satisfying and brought tears to my eyes. In other ways, I was disappointed to find that not all of the loose strings were tied up with this finale.

Belongs to Series

"We are not here on earth to change our destiny, but to fulfill it." -Guy Finley
"What good is the present if we can't change the future?" -Edward king
To Jodi... My love and inspiration
Somewhere in the near future...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,972,821 books! | Top bar: Always visible