The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

The Ghost and the Goth (edition 2010)

by Stacey Kade

Member:sweetandsyko
Title:The Ghost and the Goth
Authors:Stacey Kade
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2010), Hardcover, 288 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:fantasy young adult

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

English (66)  Italian (1)  All languages (67)
Really good. Just a fun read. ( )
  kweber319 | May 13, 2019 |
I have been putting off reading this series, hoping to wait until the 3rd book was out so that I didn't have to wait. After seeing the cover sitting there for months, I just couldn't put it off any longer.

The story starts off with Alona ( love the name) leaving school while talking on her cell phone, while it seems like she may be talking to a friend's voice-mail or answering machine; we don't actually find out who is until the end of the book. Alona steps out into traffic with out noticing it and ends up being hit and killed. We are then taken back through Alona's thoughts, we see her dad come identify her body and we hear about her funeral.
Alona then decides to go to school. While there she learns that things weren't as they seemed in her perfect world. Not everyone in her inner circle is really sad to see her gone and to top it all off, her best friend and boyfriend are hooking up and apparently have been for a little while now. Alona rightfully gets mad and starts to disappear. While in the process of Alona vanishing, we see Will, and amazingly enough Will sees Alona.
Will is your basic medium, who doesn't actually know that is what he is. He thinks that being able to see and hear the dead is just a curse passed down to him from his father, whom committed suicide. Will notices Alona vanishing, and laughs at her; since he thinks that this will be the last time he sees the Great Alona Dare, he doesn't really think too much about it. But Alona notices and when she inevitably comes back, she figures that Will actually saw her and she goes back to the school to ask him what the heck is going on.
To make a long story short, Alona helps Will and while helping him ( he's supposed to be helping her too), she discovers that his best friend has been trying to reconnect a spirit with it's body and all sorts of crazy things are happening. In the end, things are settled and Alona and Will start to have these feelings for each other ( not totally said, but it is a feeling you get).
The book leaves off with Alona ( still a ghost) and Will talking about him going to college. I'm so glad that I already have book 2 and can start reading right away. ( )
  chaoticbooklover | Dec 26, 2018 |
Very enjoyable quick and light read. It has fun, humorous moments and I like the main characters, Alona and Will. I enjoyed the switching of the narrator between the two and thought the whole novel was cute, if not exactly deep. But hey, that's not why you read this book. You do it for the charm and sap. Thanks to Bookriot's Get Booked Podcast for the suggestion. ( )
  trile1000 | Jul 1, 2018 |
This book was a very fun, lighthearted read. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys contemporary with a bit of the paranormal thrown in. ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
So I thought this book would be kind of cheesy but fun, and I found it was definitely fun and surprisingly not cheesy. I didn't realize there were sequels until I entered it in here, so it looks like I'll be hitting up the library. The story was surprisingly deep and interesting, and yes, I want to see the two of them get together. ( )
  t1bnotown | Jun 24, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 142312197X, Hardcover)

After a close encounter with a bus, Alona Dare goes from homecoming queen to Queen of the Dead. She’s stuck as a ghost in the land of the living with no sign of the big, bright light to take her to a better place. To make matters worse, the only person who might be able to help her is Will Killian, a total loser outcast.

More than anything, Will wishes he didn’t have the rare ability to communicate with the dead, especially the former mean girl of Groundsboro High. He’s not filling out any volunteer forms to help her cross to the other side, though it would bring him some welcome peace and quiet.

Can they get over their mutual distrust -- and quasi-attraction -- to work together? Readers of this spirited paranormal comedy won't want this odd couple to ever part.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:24 -0400)

After being hit by a bus and killed, a high school homecoming queen gets stuck in the land of the living, with only a loser classmate--who happens to be able to see and hear ghosts--to help her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,568,854 books! | Top bar: Always visible