The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by…

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (original 2006; edition 2015)

by Kate DiCamillo (Author)

Edward Tulane, a cold-hearted and proud toy rabbit, loves only himself until he is separated from the little girl who adores him and travels across the country, acquiring new owners and listening to their hopes, dreams, and histories.
Member:TeaganMorris
Title:The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
Authors:Kate DiCamillo (Author)
Info:Candlewick (2015), Edition: Illustrated, 240 pages

Work Information

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo (2006)

The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo (jesanu)
    jesanu: Fans of The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane will connect with the Magician's Elephant, DiCamillo's most recent publication. The books share the same lyrical quality and quest for self-identity among a cast of unique characters.
    Hitty: Her First Hundred Years by Rachel Field (DRHuber)
    The End of the Beginning: Being the Adventures of a Small Snail (and an Even Smaller Ant) by Avi (whymaggiemay)
    whymaggiemay: This book is for slightly older readers, but is a wonderful book for any reader. Lovely illustrations and terrific morals.
    Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo (Anonymous user)

English (239)  Swedish (1)  All languages (240)
Following the life of a china rabbit ( )
  VictorTran | Apr 19, 2021 |
What a delightful story of a china rabbit and his adventures! As one who believes that stuffed animals, dolls and such do have feelings and a life somehow, somewhere, it was so much fun to read about Edward Tulane's adventures.

My granddaughter was reading this book for school and so I borrowed it from the library so that we could discuss it. With the pandemic still in our midst, phone calls and skype calls are our way of communicating and having such an amusing story to talk about was refreshing. Great for kids of all ages! ( )
  cyderry | Feb 15, 2021 |
Had this one on my kindle and hadn't quite gotten around to it. Found it a quick read. Finally finished it and glad I did. It's a sweet little adventure story. (#45--a book you started but didn't finish)
  mullinstreetzoo | Feb 12, 2021 |
My third grade class read this book and i absolutely loved it. Maybe not at the time, but i re read it in 5th grade and liked it better. ( )
  AlizarinCrimson | Jan 7, 2021 |
Name: The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
Author: Kate DiCamillo
Genre: Children, Adventure, Self-discovery
Rating: 4.8/5

Review:
Edward Tulane is the name of a high quality China Rabbit, who is owned and much loved by a nine-year-old girl, Abilene Tulane. Even though he was much loved and cared for, Edward had a selfish and narcissistic personality.

He had no affection for his owner and neither did he pay any attention to her words. Edward Tulane led a life of luxury and comfort, until the day he was seperated from his owner.

Seperated and lost, Edward Tulane was stuck at the bottom of the ocean. Unable to do anything but to stare at the sky from the ocean's floor, Edward would remember the story of a beautiful princess who loved no one.

Months and years passed by as he was stuck in there, until a storm passed by and he was caught between the fishermen's net. Back with humans, Edward was glad to be saved from his doom. His life goes through various phases as he is owned by the fishermen's wife, a hobo and his dog, a bedridden little girl, her brother and ultimately ending up on a shelf of a doll shop.

Through a series of events, Edward glimpses through the lives of various people and comes to understand human emotions. He learns about love and affection little by little as he moves from various owners.

Kate DiCamillo writes beautiful stories. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane is a timeless tale which moves us through various humans emotions and places. I don't know why this book isn't popular even though it totally deserves to be. I will recommend this book to each and everyone of you.

For Further Reading:
1. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
2. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom ( )
  Fatima_Anwar | Nov 30, 2020 |

Kate DiCamilloprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ibatoulline, BagramIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
The heart breaks and breaks

and lives by breaking.

It is necessary to go

through dark and deeper dark

and not to turn.

--from "The Testing-Tree," by Stanley Kunitz
For Jane Resh Thomas, who gave me the rabbit and told me his name.
Once, in a house on Egypt Street, there lived a rabbit who was made almost entirely of china.
What was clear was that he was being taken to a child to make up for the loss of a doll. A doll. How Edward loathed dolls.

This is a magical story about a china rabbit from an award-winning author.Abilene loves her blue china rabbit, but Edward Tulane is extremely vain and only loves himself. On a voyage to London, Edward falls overboard and from there embarks on an amazing journey. He travels with hobos, works as a scarecrow, comforts a dying child and finally learns what it is to truly love.

Candlewick Press

3 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763625892, 0763647837, 076364367X

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,461,866 books! | Top bar: Always visible