An Awakened Life

by Christopher Titmuss

37None518,177NoneNone
This book presents a collection of practical teachings on how to create a stress-free and genuinely contented existence in the midst of our increasingly hectic lives. Titmuss, an internationally known teacher of insight meditation, argues that our societal obsessions with wealth, beauty, and fame have led us down a false path and created great suffering. His teachings urge us to question these values and rediscover our true nature. Inspired by the twentieth-century classic Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind, Titmuss offers practical advice on such subjects as worklife, stress, understanding our feelings, communication, relationships, taking risks, the value of nonattachment, the nature of the self, and the sources of awakening. Excerpted from selected talks and writings, An Awakened Life offers liberating teachings that speak directly to the dilemmas of modern living.… (more)

No reviews

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,900,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible