Harvest Hunting by Yasmine Galenorn

Harvest Hunting (edition 2010)

by Yasmine Galenorn (Author)

Member:lightshimmer
Title:Harvest Hunting
Authors:Yasmine Galenorn (Author)
Info:Pub Jove (2010), 302 pages

Harvest Hunting by Yasmine Galenorn

English (6)  Dutch (1)  All languages (7)
I liked the book overall but there were a few areas I could have done without, especially the whole Chase beginning. I like the new characters! Looking to hearing more about Shade. Strong character development and overall storyline & plot. ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
Delilah and Chase deal with the change in their relationship and try to go on from there. But first Delilah has to deal with the consequences of pouncing on a skunk. Besides the smell, Iris tries out tomato juice and it causes a dye of her hair, so they cut it down and she likes the new her. She learns more of her duties as a Harvest Maiden and meets Shade. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Delilah's books are a bit more enjoyable than her sister's p.o.v. books. This one was a tad bit icky, and yet inventive. I wasn't expecting the introduction of a few new characters, but was expecting the plots progression. I think that the irritating thing about the series is the repetitiveness and the pow wow type of planning. I mean who really does that? ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
We follow Delilah this book – and how her life has changed. Following a skunk-inspired make-over and realising that her relationship with the now nigh-immortal Chase is coming to a close, she enters a new chapter of her life with the Autumn Lord – and his sexy representative.

Along the way, they have a kidnapped werewolf to rescue, a spirit seal to find and some dangerous werecoyotes to thwart. And, of course, there’s still the Bonecrusher to defeat – and she’s bringing the fight to the sisters’ home.

This series is HUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

And I don’t just mean number of books. I can tackle several books. But it’s HUUUUUGE within those books. It has a vast cast of characters and the author has really gone out of her way to ensure every single one of those characters is a character. They’re not just names. They have things happening in their lives. They have lives, they have issues, they have their own stories and battles and causes.

Which is certainly good in some ways, don’t get me wrong! But there are a gazillion billion trillion of them all handling their stuff at the same time. Ok, maybe not handling their stuff, but certainly mentioning their stuff at least.

This goes along with a huge amount of recapping. A truly vast amount of recapping – and so much has happened in each sister’s life and the story in general that some of it is helpful – but it adds to the unwieldiness, bogs down the pacing and drags the story down.

There’s also still a problem with the writing. It has IMMENSELY improved since earlier books, don’t get me wrong, especially the fight scenes (though I still think we see far more of what everyone else is doing in combat than is realistic or necessary) but we still have things like the group meetings where everything is reiterated (again, not nearly as bad). The worst habit remaining though are clothes, cares and scenary. They can drive from A to B without me knowing exactly how they’re getting there, I don’t need to know what car they’re driving or who is in what car and I really really really don’t need to know what clothes everyone is wearing all the time. By this stage, we know what clothes everyone habitually wears, take it as a given.

In fact, even if all the characters were just names there are still far too many people for me to keep them all together and I’m forgetting people because there’s just so much to keep track of. Seamus, Rozuriel, Carter (and his daughter – I entirely forgot to pair of them), the sisters’ father, Zachary, the necromancer bloke, the healing elf, various and sundry shapeshifters…

I feel like there’s just a lot of storylines that maybe aren’t needed – some of them make for great background flavour so long as it doesn’t intrude further. But we’ve already got the 3 sisters and then there’s Chase and his new immortality, and a new dragon on the scene (and we’ve recently had the rather unnecessary distraction of Smokey’s father) and now we have Carter’s demon network/titan research group. We have the humans and their anti-fae antagonism. We have the sister’s father turning on Camille. I just wonder if they’re really all necessary – or if it’s necessary to have them involved as much as they are – especially when you pile on all the new characters as well.

Read More ( )
  FangsfortheFantasy | Sep 20, 2013 |
Initial reaction--way too much time is spent discussing her hair. Yes, I get that it's a metaphor for other things in the story, but I'd rather be told that story than get everybody's reaction to the hair. Really. Really, really.

With that complaint out of the way, this wasn't a bad next step in the series. A lot more is explained about the supernatural elements in her life, and we see the sisters becoming separate entities rather than just a trio of sisters. Some limited progress in the overall series, but I like the direction this book took. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
You cannot run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
Fifteenth Century Proverb
All things on earth point home in Old October; sailors to sea, travelers to walls and fences, hunters to field and hollow and the the long voice of the hounds, the lover to the love he has forsaken.
Thomas Wolfe
Dedicated to
the spirit of the autumn,
The Autumn Lord,
And all of those who walk the path of the Harvest.
My nose quivered.

We're the D'Artigo sisters: sexy, savvy operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But being half-human, half-Fae means our supernatural talents can go haywire at any time. My sister Camille is a wicked good witch whose life recently took a drastic turn. Menolly's a vampire who's still getting the hang of being undead. And me? I'm Delilah, a werecat with a very interesting love life. But life isn't all fun and games. We're on the trail of the demon general who has decided that we've become quite a nuisance...

It's Samhain, and the Autumn Lord, has called for my training to begin with the Death Maidens...and I find that I like it. But we've got problems: werewolves are going missing and a new magical drug, "Wolf Briar," is being used as a weapon. My dear Chase and I have come to a delicate crossroads and there's no turning back from our decision. And most dangerous of all: Stacia Bonecrusher has put a bounty on our heads. Now it's a race to take out the demon general before she realizes the sixth Spirit Seal is within her reach...

Werecat Delilah tries to find the source of a magical new drug called Wolf Briar that is being used as a weapon, while dealing with Stacia Bonecrusher, who has put a bounty on her and her sisters' heads.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,101,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible