'Til Death Do Us Part

by Kate White

Series: Bailey Weggins Mysteries (3)

When two of Peyton Cross' bridemaids die in freak accidents, the third turns for help to Bailey Weggins, true crime writer, sometime-sleuth, and Peyton's former college roomate. A dangerous trail of clues leads Bailey from the elegant suburbs of Connecticut to New York's Lower East Side to a fabulous oceanfront hotel room in Miami.… (more)

What a great little mystery even if the main character is still annoying as hell. I really loved the whole mystery of the dying bridesmaids and it was even better by the fact that each bridesmaid had a unique personality and look so kudos to the authors for that.

But as with the other Bailey Weggins’ books I find her completely annoying. I find her internal monologue on people to be very judgmental and then she gets upset when they don’t cater to her incessant questioning about the case. Her whole love life is also starting to bother me but this is not negative to the writer I just don’t like books where the only side plot is the main character’s love life and no mentioning of other friends and family.

So I know I just rattled off a bunch of negatives and you are wondering why I gave this book the stars I did and to be honest it is because of the main mystery and how each murder was carried out that was brilliant. I put up with the rest of the story because I honestly wanted to know who the killer was.
  TVNerd95 | Jul 6, 2019 |
not much for mysteries ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 6, 2016 |
not much for mysteries ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 2, 2016 |
'Til Death Do Us Part, the third book in the Bailey Weggins' series, puts Bailey in the scariest position ever - she's a bridesmaid. Making matters worse, the bride's become nasty and someone is killing off the rest of the bridesmaids. Bailey, of course, investigates.

I love this series and the whole wedding aspect made the story that much more interesting for me. 'Til Death Do Us Part is written in the same fast-paced yet light style as the previous books and with each book Kate White manages to write an even craftier mystery.

Bailey is still fierce and independent in 'Til Death Do Us Part, but she's not as humorously assertive as she had been previously. I'm not sure if the softening of the character was in relation to the more subdued nature of Connecticut as opposed to New York or if this was a more conscious, permanent shift. I hope it was more about location because Bailey's ability to stand-up for herself while still keeping the mood light is one of her major appealing qualities.

'Til Death Do Us Part is a great addition to a series you definitely don't want to miss. ( )
  TequilaReader | Jun 3, 2010 |
Baily is part of a wedding party where 3 of the bridesmaids have died mysteriously. She starts investigating and becomes stalked but the police don't believe her and the evidence points to accidents. Very suspenseful ending with Bailey running onto an ice pond that is defrosting. ( )
  Kathy89 | May 31, 2009 |

Kate Whiteprimary authorall editionscalculated
Splinter, HelmutTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
White, KarenReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

Do not combine with Til Death Do Us Part by Franklin White; two different books and two different authors.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,240,963 books! | Top bar: Always visible