Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch

Touched by an Alien

by Gini Koch

Series: Katherine "Kitty" Katt (1)

Accidentally in Love with…a God? by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff (nessreader)
    nessreader: Both books annoyed me in the same way but I think if Koch's book worked for you... shoe-obsessed pinkwearing heroine (cos all girlz are fascinated by shoes amIright) meets alpha paranormal thingie and they spat endlessly and she whines to show she's sensitive and the word feisty is used unironically, the sex scenes are supposed to be funny (niether, sorry) Having said all this, Koch is dead popular so this is a subjective take. If you liked Koch, give Pamfiloff a go.… (more)
    Heat of the Night by Sylvia Day (GirlMisanthrope)
    GirlMisanthrope: Alpha male and strong, sassy gal with quick, hot courtship. Paranormal.
    Disappearing Nightly by Laura Resnick (TheLibraryhag)
    The Accidental Demon Slayer by Angie Fox (gaialover)
    Megan's Mark by Lora Leigh (SockMonkeyGirl)

Did not finish.

Used too many of the romance tropes I really dislike. Disliked the gender portrayals in the book right from the start, and especially Martini's hard sell approach was not at all attractive. Despite these initial issues, there were things I liked about the book, the aliens and plot were interesting, her parents were too, and the humor was often well done (sometimes not...see gender issues above), and I needed an audio book to listen to when traveling.

Major Offenses: (1) Unbelievable lead (she can see right through the twisted machinations and lies of an entire organization of alien spies and scientists but is hopeless at reading people; also screws and falls in love with Martini in less than 24 hours), (2) Assault in an elevator (lead's alien lover's brother stops an elevator and assaults her (kissing, groping, holding her head so she can't get away - so yes, assault; explanation is he can't help himself and she can't help but be excited it by it; only her concern about what alient lover #1 will think about it gives her the strength to force him back? NOPE! Really, just don't go there!)

Thank goodness this was a library audio book and I didn't waste any money on this. ( )
  kbellwether | Apr 16, 2018 |
Not the most intelligent book I've read. I wonder if the author wanted this to be humor, romance or adventure. It's not very good at any of these though.

The story is unintelligent to put it mildly. Aliens running around in Armani costumes falling madly in love after seen a voman for less than an hour humping each other in elevators and ridicolous background story which a bit more than half way through the books starts to get into the religious realm.

This one goes into the rubbish shelf I'm afraid. ( )
  perjonsson | Oct 28, 2017 |
This book is weird, and I do like and appreciate weird but this was really bad weird. Horrible head scratching dialogue that made me afraid to read any more, annoying characters that just say the darnedest things, but not in the funny or cute way, more...cringe-worthy . "She's mine". She's mine". She's mine". Oh my god, how many times did Martini said that to everyone, and that's on the same day he met Kitty. It was so very annoying, he came across more six year old caveman kid than charming, sexy alien. Listening to the audiobook probably just made things worse too. Maybe I'm wrong, but I figured the story is suppose to be quirky, funny, and youthfully charming, but the narrator's voice sounded too proper and old. Made me detach from the story instead of making me excited to get into. And wow, (bad wow) her male characters sounded like caricatures of male voices, so bad.

Maybe it gets better because I can see that ratings go up with every book and anyway this one does have pretty decent ratings. Expected it would be a fun book to listen to while I keep busy, so I was surprised at how cheesy the whole thing is, and not cheesy in a purposeful way to make me laugh. As of now, I'm still thinking I might try again one day to see if it does get better. ( )
  ItsBookishMe | Feb 8, 2017 |
Prior to this book, the only Alien novel I can recall reading was The Host. I was a little nervous that I might not like this series because of my lack of experience in this particular area of the paranormal. I was VERY pleasantly surprised. I was drawn in from the first page and my first night of reading I could not put the book down, to the point of staying up until 3 a.m. reading! The story is pretty much action from page one and it never dies down. You're kept on the edge of your seat and anxious to know what's going to happen next. Add to that the quirky wittiness of the main character Kitty, and a brewing romance and love triangle and you've got yourself a hit! So, if you think a battle between good and evil aliens, a love triangle, and a witty and very intelligent female protagonist sound right for you, then please read this book! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Fun start to a new series for me. Not my usual urban fantasy, but aliens vs vamps and weres, why not? ;-) Getting the next from the library, so hopefully the series continues to be a fun romp. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |

Gini Kochprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Steve and Veronica, for being mine and , in your own ways always being ready to "bring it."
My first superbeing was an accident.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0756406005, Mass Market Paperback)

How can a sexy marketing manager join forces with an Alpha Centauri male in Armani to save the planet-using hairspray, a Mont Blanc pen, and rock n' roll?

Easy...

She's Touched by an Alien

Marketing manager Katherine "Kitty" Katt steps into the middle of what appears to be a domestic dispute turned ugly. And it only gets uglier when the man turns into a winged monster, straight out of a grade-Z horror movie, and goes on a killing spree. Though Kitty should probably run away, she springs into action to take the monster down.

In the middle of the chaos a handsome hunk named Jeff Martini appears, sent by the "agency" to perform crowd control. He's Kitty's kind of guy, no matter what planet he's from. And from now on, for Kitty, things are going to be sexy, dangerous, wild, and out of this world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:45 -0400)

Marketing manager Katherine "Kitty" Katt steps into the middle of a domestic dispute, but things get ugly when the man turns into a winged monster and goes on a killing spree. In the middle of the chaos a handsome hunk named Jeff Martini appears, sent by the "agency" to perform crowd control. He's Kitty's kind of guy, no matter what planet he's from.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,226,190 books! | Top bar: Always visible