Curious George by H. A. Rey

Curious George (original 1941; edition 1973)

by H. A. Rey (Author)

Series: Curious George (book 1)

The curiosity of a newly-captured monkey gets him into continual trouble.
Member:ckennicott
Title:Curious George
Authors:H. A. Rey (Author)
Info:HMH Books for Young Readers (1973), Edition: First Edition (later printing), 64 pages

Work Information

Curious George by H. A. Rey (1941)

Weebeastology Volume I by micah linton (vinoartist)
    vinoartist: Most likely to remember and pass along.

This is an old classic book that takes me back to elementary school. This tale is about a very curious monkey that has an incredibly strong urge to explore the world on his own. When he meets a man in the yellow hat, George ends up boarding a ship of sailors and traveling to Africa to eventually live in a zoo. Along the way, George's curiosity continues to get the best of him and lead him to mischievous situations. This is the beginning of a successful series of books. Overall, this is a fun and entertaining book with bright colors and comedic situations. I think many children would enjoy this book as I did when I was in elementary. The only thing I really was surprised about was how George was smoking a "pipe" in the story at one point and one of the police officers is referred to as "fat," not even his real name. I am not fond of seeing that incorporated within a children's book because it could raise issues and give students the wrong ideas. However, when I was younger I do not remember reading that so maybe I had overlooked it and was too young to understand.
  ppolanco | Feb 22, 2022 |
The Man in the Yellow Hat brings George the monkey back with him from Africa to come live in a zoo. George is a curious little monkey, and constantly causes mischief by exploring the world around him. He falls overboard in the ocean, is jailed for prank calling the fire department, and floats away while holding on to a bunch of helium balloons. His friend, the Man in the Yellow Hat, always shows up eventually to right the mischief George caused and take him home safely. Curious George is a classic children’s book that American kids have loved throughout generations, and there are a multitude of further books and other Curious George branded media and merchandise if one is so inclined. A brightly colored, easy to read and understand, linear story, this book ticks all the boxes for a book young readers can both enjoy and sharpen their reading skills on. The book does have some amount of controversy because some believe the story bears some resemblance to the history of the white colonization of Africa and the Atlantic slave trade, but this is not a widely accepted theory. ( )
  GIJason82 | Feb 12, 2022 |
in short, Curious George is about an orpahned monkey who is treated as if he is a kid and goes on adventures with a man in a yellow hat, eventually turning into a series of books. ( )
  maggieschneider | Nov 13, 2020 |
Filled with adventure and curiousity
  regansli | Oct 19, 2020 |
Teaches kids to be adventurous and it is okay to make mistakes ( )
  Lexigar | Oct 19, 2020 |

Rey, H. A.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rey, MargretAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
This is George.
George was curious.

The curiosity of a newly-captured monkey gets him into continual trouble.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,068,686 books! | Top bar: Always visible