Fables by Arnold Lobel

Fables (original 1980; edition 1980)

by Arnold Lobel (Author)

Member:ReecerCreek
Title:Fables
Authors:Arnold Lobel (Author)
Info:Scholastic Inc. (1980), 40 pages
Collections:LibraryWest, Your library
Tags:D

Fables by Arnold Lobel (1980)

A collection of humorous, silly fables by Arnold Lobel. The fables will entertain and teach a meaningful moral. They are short stories with vivid pictures. ( )
  bre201 | Jan 31, 2019 |
These are Lobel's "own funny and true fables...Each with a fresh and unexpected moral" (flap copy). Each fable is one page long, with one large picture on the facing page. Caldecott medal. Strange, unique, some happy and some ominous. ( )
  JennyArch | Aug 28, 2018 |
Great book with a lot of short stories that are great for synthesizing
age 3-7
  Lilith13 | Jun 9, 2018 |
Book for synthesizing. Strategy to use:
Children stop at predetermined spots in a story to answer these writing/discussion prompts: “I’m thinking…” “Now I’m thinking…” and finally, “And now I’m thinking…” Can be done in partners.
Fables are good stories to use for synthesizing because they have an underlying moral. 1st-3rd grade.
  lisafulwiler | May 20, 2018 |
I just ♡ Arnold Lobel's books and this is a fav. Anyone can enjoy it. My favorite fable in this book is The Pig and the Candy Store. 5***** ( )
  Mischenko | Nov 30, 2017 |
A crocodile became increasingly fond of the wallpaper in his bedroom.
I have made my decision...I have never seen the ocean, and it is high time that I did. Nothing can make me change my mind.

'Short, original fables with fresh, unexpected morals poke subtle fun at human foibles through the antics of animals. . . . The droll illustrations, with tones blended to luminescent shading, are complete and humorous themselves.' -- Association of Library Service to Children, ALA.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:34 -0400)

Twenty original fables about an array of animal characters from crocodile to ostrich.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,561,681 books! | Top bar: Always visible